300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Minnesota

Today I attended the LODD funeral of NY State Trooper Kevin Dobson.

I heard there was an officer there from Minnesota.

That is a long way to come to support a brother's family, and I would like to say thank you.
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
    Today I attended the LODD funeral of NY State Trooper Kevin Dobson.

I heard there was an officer there from Minnesota.

That is a long way to come to support a brother's family, and I would like to say thank you.
    I spoke with a trooper tonight that was coming back from there.
    "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

I guess I saw him; my sargeant pointed out a Minnesota officer to me. Please tell him the locals were grateful for his presence.

I spoke to the trooper's dad at the wake, and he (a retired sheriff's deputy) told me how much it meant to him, that so many had come out, and from so far, to honor his son. And he told me he has a real heart for officers.

I know that is true.

Comment

I know that there are some state's whose State/Highway Patrols will send an officer/trooper to any LODD funeral involving another State/Highway patrol. Any idea if MSP does this as a rule?

Comment

I wonder. that might have been one of my partners, his oldest daughter is married to a trooper out there
          Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

We were wondering that, my chief and sargeant and I, as we drove back home-- whether some agencies have someone delegated as an honor guard representative to go to all LODD funerals. That would be a considerable expense for an agency, to be flying someone all over the country, week in and week out.

I guess it is more likely that agencies would be aware if they had members who had connections with other places, like the MN trooper whose daughter is married to a NY trooper.

Comment

I don't know if we sent troops to that funeral, but we usually seem to for the other state agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
                We were wondering that, my chief and sargeant and I, as we drove back home-- whether some agencies have someone delegated as an honor guard representative to go to all LODD funerals. That would be a considerable expense for an agency, to be flying someone all over the country, week in and week out.

I guess it is more likely that agencies would be aware if they had members who had connections with other places, like the MN trooper whose daughter is married to a NY trooper.
                Whoops sorry my partner is not nor am I a Trooper..we are city coppers
                Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5010 users online. 239 members and 4771 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X