300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnsville CSO

Did anyone else get an email from Burnsville PD for an interview? Approximately 30 minutes interviews, and depending on results a second interview. I wonder how many applied and advanced....

I got the email today as well. Not sure how many they plan to interview, but would be curious to know!

Comment

I got the same email.

Seeing as how I am P.O.S.T eligible this will probably be my last CSO application. I just don't see anyone hiring those that have their eligibility as a CSO when they can turn around and get a cop job within months of hire. We will see how that goes. good luck to everyone!

Comment

I am also P.O.S.T. eligible. Just thought I would throw the app out there.

Comment

Good luck to you all! I heard that Burnsville PD is a great department and the pay is very good too. I applied there last year and and got rejected after the first interview. It was my fault since I didn't Dress to Impress and unprepared for the questions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MNW View Post
            I am also P.O.S.T. eligible. Just thought I would throw the app out there.
            Same here. Doesn't hurt I guess.

Comment

Burnsville PD hires from within for their LEO positions. CSOs are hired under the assertion that they would eventually become officers with the department. This way, Burnsville knows what they're getting for a LEO by testing them out as a CSO. If you get the CSO position and you do well, you can almost guarantee that you'll eventually be a Burnsville police officer.

Several departments have begun doing this. My department has changed its hiring practices and now models it after Burnsville's, in that we strive to hire from within our CSO pool.

Just an FYI.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
              -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedo View Post
                Burnsville PD hires from within for their LEO positions. CSOs are hired under the assertion that they would eventually become officers with the department. This way, Burnsville knows what they're getting for a LEO by testing them out as a CSO. If you get the CSO position and you do well, you can almost guarantee that you'll eventually be a Burnsville police officer.

Several departments have begun doing this. My department has changed its hiring practices and now models it after Burnsville's, in that we strive to hire from within our CSO pool.

Just an FYI.
                I will keep that in mind. Thanks! I just know that some departments want a good chunk of time for their CSO to do well CSO duties. Where as they are afraid that if they hire a POST eligible candidate they will leave at the first sign of a sworn job. Thank you for the information.

Comment

I am interviewing as well. They had 266 applications and are interviewing 129.
                  THEY HATE US UNTIL THEY NEED US!

Comment

Comment

see you guys at the interview. good luck to everyone
                      The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "WinonaGrad11" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by WinonaGrad11 View Post
                        see you guys at the interview. good luck to everyone
                        +1

Comment

How was the interview?

Comment

I got a second interview
                            The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "WinonaGrad11" on Officer.com.

Comment

WinonaGrad11, how did you hear? (Email, phone call, letter?) I haven't heard a word yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4629 users online. 296 members and 4333 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X