300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat and Water Patrol Uniform

I am assigned to Boat and Water patrol this summer, and am wondering what other counties use for a boat and water patrol uniform. Do you wear your standard uniform, or do you do an alternative uniform (polo shirt / brown shorts)?

Where I'm a Reserve the deputies wear standard uniforms. Some wear a baseball cap. I think shorts are acceptable, but I don't think a lot of people can pull off a pair of uniform shorts. I have not seen anyone wear them at least. Don't forget sunglasses either.

Comment

I have seen the Hennepin county guys in shorts, heck a lot of MPD cops wear shorts on bike patrol...
      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

shorts look horrible.

this is a case where the importance of comfort does NOT exceed the importance of appearance.
        not professional IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich2012 View Post
          shorts look horrible.

this is a case where the importance of comfort does NOT exceed the importance of appearance.
          not professional IMO
          I respectfully disagree. I have worked water patrol and having the right uniform for the job is huge. I took BOTH MN DNR classes the first summer that I worked water patrol full time. One was Basic Watercraft Enforcement and the other was Boating While Intoxicated. One of the things they really impressed on us then was to ditch the gunbelt if you are working on a boat. If you can get by with nylon gear, like a pancake holster and handcuff case, keep the full gunbelt, minus the handgun, elsewhere in the boat. It isn't a question of IF you are going in the water, but rather WHEN. A full gunbelt is a safety hazard when you go in the water. Also, when you are trailering the boat, it is pretty nice to have shorts on WHEN you go wading in the water (not IF). Having "alternate" footwear, even if it is just for that purpose is very helpful--and brown patent leather shoes aren't it! They also really beat it into your head to wear a PFD ALL the time when on the boat or near the water. If it was just an issue of comfort, I wouldn't be such an advocate of the PFD, but safety is what it is all about. While the traditional uniform might look cool, it isn't always the safest thing to wear in all situations.

Comment

Washington County water patrol deputies wear a tan polo and brown shorts or BDUs.
            The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "WCSO" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by WCSO View Post
              Washington County water patrol deputies wear a tan polo and brown shorts or BDUs.
              That's what we had at Stearns CO as well.
              Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4908 users online. 301 members and 4607 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X