300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Leap test????

Got the letter to schedule for Brooklyn Park PD LEAP test, anyone with insight on what to expect??
    I heard its kinda like a personnality test.

Originally posted by freedom1987 View Post
    Got the letter to schedule for Brooklyn Park PD LEAP test, anyone with insight on what to expect??
    I heard its kinda like a personnality test.
    I got the same invite. I'm sure 1000+ applied.
    I too would like info on this if anyone has applied before!

Comment

Be prepared for true or false questions like:

The moon is made of cheese, or I would enjoy the work of a mechanic, or I would like the work of a cabinet maker.

You may think I'm joking, but those are the types of questions on that test. A cop that I know told me that he actually called the company that makes the test, and they told him the types of things police departments look for in your answers. Not sure if that is true or not, but it may be worth a try. I alwys did fine on the LEAP test, but others I know did not. No idea why though....

Comment

Are you fascinated by fire?

Do you like tall women?

Oh, what a minute, that was the MMPI, nevermind!

Comment

I took it for the first time for the rice county test and scored an 87% its really easy to fill in bubbles for 150 questions. Just be yourself.
          "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Anyone know what other agencies have administered it? I thought the Champlin test was also the leap but a friend of mine said it is not. Anyone know for sure???

Comment

I think Coon Rapids PD administered the L.E.A.P test not too long ago.

Comment

Well, how was your firt LEAP test? I hope it was everything you expected and more.

UNA STAMUS
                Last edited by Beats'n'streets; 04-11-2011, 05:05 PM.
                sigpic
                UNA STAMUS
                Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God"
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Very...Psych related, or so it seems. It is what it was. That being said, I guess I never knew Brooklyn Park had their own academy. I DID LEARN SOMETHING!

Comment

Originally posted by ShinkagePD510 View Post
                    Very...Psych related, or so it seems. It is what it was. That being said, I guess I never knew Brooklyn Park had their own academy. I DID LEARN SOMETHING!
                    How long is it? I feel as if someone has referred to it as a "mini-academy" on a previous thread about BP.

Comment

Was told 6 weeks academy at the testing, it was indeed very similiar to a psych test
                      PT test on the 30 of this month if you pass, interviews by May 9 or the 16th and hire date of Sep or late Sep (4 i think if i remember)

Comment

Originally posted by freedom1987 View Post
                        Was told 6 weeks academy at the testing, it was indeed very similiar to a psych test
                        PT test on the 30 of this month if you pass, interviews by May 9 or the 16th and hire date of Sep or late Sep (4 i think if i remember)
                        Freedom is spot on. That's how I remember it.

Comment

The BP academy looks pretty physically intense judging from the video they had playing. Seems to be a military type department.

Comment

Originally posted by ontherock22 View Post
                            The BP academy looks pretty physically intense judging from the video they had playing. Seems to be a military type department.
                            Really? It kinda looked like Skills. Not very different. There was a lot of running in the video. I guess when I think of Para-military academy I think : MSP-St. Paul-Minneapolis At least in my opinion, it might be really intense. I wouldn't know.

Comment

For those who took the test, was it only me that saw Chief Davis PT'ing with the recruits??? in that video they showed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3426 users online. 176 members and 3250 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X