300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine County

Just wondering if anyone here has applied for Pine County?

Originally posted by The State View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here has applied for Pine County?
    I did

Comment

Packerbacker25, you work anywhere now?

Comment

If i am not mistaken a MPD retired Lt just became the sheriff up there, one of our SWAT guys left to be the under sheriff I think as well...
        Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Squad51. Robin Cole is Sheriff and Steven Blackwell is chief. Blackwell was SWAT commander for MPD from what I hear. You work with these guys at all prior to them leaving?

Comment

I applied as well
            THEY HATE US UNTIL THEY NEED US!

Comment

Blackwell was not a "SWAT Commander" He was a senior Offier assigned to SWAT, and had a big leadership role, also he was an acting Sgt and as such was as supervisor is SWAT. Steven Blackwell is easily one of the smartest cops I know.
              Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I have also heard nothing but positive things about Blackwell. I hope someday I might work with him.

Comment

I got invited to go to Pine county to participate in "the assessment center". Looks like a very interesting and fresh way to screen applicants. There are several events; scene assessment, report and log writing , shoot/no shoot assessment, psychological aptitude test, 5 mins of CPR compressions and more...Anybody seen this type of assessement? Seems like a way to really understand how the person will perform on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by packerbacker25 View Post
                    I got invited to go to Pine county to participate in "the assessment center". Looks like a very interesting and fresh way to screen applicants. There are several events; scene assessment, report and log writing , shoot/no shoot assessment, psychological aptitude test, 5 mins of CPR compressions and more...Anybody seen this type of assessement? Seems like a way to really understand how the person will perform on the job.
                    I did an assessment center when I went through Oshkosh, WI process. Assessment centers are very common in other states. Most departments try to stay away from them because they are very expensive to put on, but as you stated, they give a good picture of how a candidate may perform on the job.
                    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "scbr0512" on Officer.com.

Comment

So who is all heading to the assessment center? Should be way better then the standard written test most departments use!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7085 users online. 364 members and 6721 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X