300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Score

I have just received a letter today from a department that I interviewed with and had gotten backgrounded by last year. This time instead of moving on to the final round of interviews with the chief I received a letter that says 'In order to move on in the process you need an 85 out of a possible 100 in which your overall score is based on the average score from your two interviews."
    Score 1 int 89.33 out of 100
    Score 2 int 79.67 out of 100

Overall score 84.5 out of 100!

How does one get 1/3 or 2/3 of a point in an oral interview?

That is such a bummer to get that close! But if it was a panel interview it is mostly likely the combined score of all of the people which made for the strange numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by TPed738 View Post
      How does one get 1/3 or 2/3 of a point in an oral interview?
      When we did orals, civil service identified an acceptable answer for every question that was asked of each applicant. Questions are not always simple and the answers can sometimes be complex, so each acceptable answer was carefully spelled out and broken down into elements. You got points (or depending on how the oral was structured) fractions of a point for every element that you met.

So, if you had to say you would do six things in order to properly respond to a situational question, but only told the oral panel you would do five of those things (or four, or three), you could wind up with a fractional score.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I missed getting a first round interview by 1 point on the written. Luckily I was called a few months later to interview for the 2nd round.
        Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3464 users online. 255 members and 3209 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X