300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected]#$%*

Dakota County deputy arrests fellow deputy for .09 DUI. Utterly, completely, staggeringly mind-boggling. Someone got an A in ethics.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S703573.shtml?cat=1

Horrible.

He had a DWI in 1998 and he was the deputy who made the left turn infront of a a motorcyclist in 2007 and killed him.
    "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

I guess I don't really see a problem with this one. A prior in 1998, beer can in the back seat, a fatal accident, and 3 speeding tickets. Sounds like he needs some help.

Comment

Since I'm not a police officer, I will not judge one.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that this particular deputy was not well liked by his co-workers.
          The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
            I'm willing to bet that this particular deputy was not well liked by his co-workers.
            +1!
            "It's a long way from the Supreme Court to the streets." -F.Y.
            "Saw drunk, arrested same." -Buck

Comment

this buds for you !
              "There is no pain in death; it only hurts to die."

Comment

Quit honestly, he sounds like an idiot that makes the rest of us look bad...And there is enough of that going around already.
                No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
                - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

Well, at least he wasn't doing doughnuts, fishtails, hard braking with turns, evasive maneuvering in snow, etc
                  Don't blame me, I voted McCain
                  ------------------------------------------
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH0BEoA9hsE

------------------------------------------
                  See if you can find the differences in these two pictures, I did.

http://members.home.nl/saen/Special/Zoeken.swf

Comment

Why didnt internal affairs lock him up and not have a fellow officer get involved???

Comment

Because most agencies here aren't large enough to have IA.
                      No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
                      - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

A co-worker of mine recently responded to a crash involving an intoxicated member of a neighboring agency. Thanks to the MSP for taking that one for us to minimize any animosity.

To be honest, I don't have an issue with any one of us getting pinched for DWI. Professional courtesy for speeding is one thing, for DWI it's too far.
                        Last edited by NWDC10; 12-13-2008, 10:06 AM. Reason: Not what I initially meant

Comment

Originally posted by NWDC10 View Post
                          A co-worker of mine recently responded to a crash involving an intoxicated member of a neighboring agency. Thanks to the MSP for taking that one for us to minimize any animosity.

To be honest, I don't have an issue with any one of us getting pinched for DWI. Professional courtesy for speeding is one thing, for DWI it's too far.
                          If the punishment was the same I would aggree but joe bloe drunk salesman does not get his name and picture inthe press when he gets a DWI. besides which..DWI is a misd, I let joe crack head go alot with BS misds
                          Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by squad51 View Post
                            If the punishment was the same I would aggree but joe bloe drunk salesman does not get his name and picture inthe press when he gets a DWI. besides which..DWI is a misd, I let joe crack head go alot with BS misds
                            I agree Squad. It's pretty much BS that one of us get's plastered all over the Red Star when this happens but unless you run over a lady at Wal Mart JQ Public is not mentioned.

Comment

Ask yourself, "How many people do I know that have gotten a DWI?" Now ask yourself, how many of those people had their mugshot in the newspaper and lost their job, which in all likelihood is the only job they are qualified to do.

Is it stupid for ANYONE to drink and drive, let alone the police? Of course! In this case do you think the punishment is proportionate to the crime. Of course not.

Yes the guy had a prior...10 years ago. This was apparently before he got hired and his department decided he was worth giving a chance to.

Yes the guy was involved in a fatal accident last year...on duty and stone sober. Anybody on this board ever been in a minor accident? Well the other guy was on a motorcycle...news flash: they're dangerous. The guy "failed to exercise due care"....he made an unsafe lane change or some similar violation. He's not Satan.

Think maybe he feels bad about that guy's death? Think maybe he's hit the sauce a little bit lately as a result? Just look at the opening sentence to the article:

A Twin Cities Sheriff's deputy who killed a man with his squad car in 2007 now faces new charges.

Good grief! You would think the guy was a homicidal maniac!

I don't know this guy. He could be the world's biggest jackass who has alienated everyone on his department. He could be a rat. Maybe he loves driving drunk for the sheer thrill of it and hasn't given a second thought to that motorist's death...but I doubt it. The fact is, even if he was all these things and more, there are other ways of dealing with it than arresting another cop (from your own agency no less!?!) for something that wasn't even a crime a couple of years ago.

Sounds more like a fellow cop that needs some help. We help one another. And before someone posts some nonsense like "maybe now he'll get the help he needs" or "maybe he needed a slap in the face", save that crap. I speak from personal experience...when you are responsible for another person's death, it takes it's toll. I was in an officer involved shooting of a very bad guy who pointed a gun at the cops and it STILL affected me...I can only imagine how it feels to have caused the death of a regular citizen. Like I said earlier, this is probably the only job this guy is qualified to do and I would be extremely surprised if he ever gets to do it again. If you think that's the help he needs, I don't know what to tell you. Call his friends. Call his girlfriend, his parents, his shrink, his rabbi....ANYBODY. If you really want to help him, there are other ways. How a cop could jail another cop over this blows my mind, and I'm surprised more on here don't feel the same. Hope his "partner" is sleeping alright. Hope if I ever need some help I can count on mine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9883 users online. 474 members and 9409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X