300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNC fun times!

Well...3 days into mandatory OT and there hasn't been so much as a peep out of Minneapolis as far as protestors go. I hope everyone's enjoying the $$$ and have some sweet gigs while they have to be out there.

We'll see what happens with this hurricane...but maybe things will pick up and I can get off my *****!
    "Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman--and I have no interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which as we discussed is strictly a comfort thing!"--Homer Simpson

We trained for a year for the DNC. We stood and walked around getting sweaty from the heat. And that wasn't even downtown. Easiest money I've made in a long time...

I think $4.00 a gallon made a big difference why so few protestors showed up. To give you an idea, on one "Protest" their was 30 cops, 100 media, and 15 protestors. No chanting, no slogans, no language... The protestors kind of milled about... They were ordered to disperse and... They did. Immediately... That was the week in a nutshell.

Enjoy the OT.
    Be safe pulling back into the thread...
    http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

I live in NE and drive through DT everyday 2-3x a day - and there APPEARS to be more cops than people. Saw lots of troopers and 3 letter agency vehicles at the hotels early this AM waiting for the 'important' people while I was on the way to the puppy park.....lots of cops that aren't usually there at the airport.

Good times. Everyone stay safe, make lots of money, have fun. Sitting at home missing out on the fun!

Comment

After 7 days straight of 12 hour days, I'm glad its your guys turn! Stay safe out there guys, there will be tons of cameras everywhere!

Comment

I'm up to 35 hours of OT, and my thumb hasn't left my bum yet....
          Just call me "Sir Robin"

Comment

46.5 here... But hey, I found I may turn pro in cribbage now.
            "Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman--and I have no interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which as we discussed is strictly a comfort thing!"--Homer Simpson

Comment

Haha, so is it really as bad as the media shows it to be (it never is) or are you guys just on some small side street that just doesn't get any "business"?

Comment

Well, they might be at one of the parking garages hanging out in MPLS - or at a hotel away from the action.....some of the guys I know are in the thick of it - and having the time of their lives.

Comment

The more money the Feds/state/my dept wants to pay me....... The more I will gladly accept to stand around downtown and stare at all of the beautiful women who smile back!!!!! That includes the local entertainment personnel
                  "There is no pain in death; it only hurts to die."

Comment

I have been keeping in contact with a few friends of mine who are working in the thick of things. They said it has been a zoo. Some of the CART (chemical agent response teams) guys have used up a lot of gas and pepper spray. One of my friends was on duty for over 24 hours. Nothing like Denver. Of course the media doesn't report on half of the stuff going on. And the bleeding heart libs. make it sound like the police are horrible.

Stay safe out there, kind of wish I would have stayed for the fun.....

Comment

WE actually did not deploy all that much chemical...lots of smoke rounds...some OC...

Tonight was fun!
                      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Yeah last night (the Rage concert), we actually got to do some work at the jail. So that was a good time. Nice to see a couple busses come in. We were watching you guys downtown on www.rnclive.com cameras while they were holding the line by 1st Ave. Looks like everyone did a good job. Didn't get any in from Mpls today, but it sure looks like St. Paul had a battle. Again, good job and hope everyone made it without any injuries.

Comment

Some pics.

RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

Originally posted by UPPD
                            Thought I would share the below video, anyone on this board make it out on the UP train, I was there most of the time.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/re...339x1200527255

All of that over a little smoke.....I don't think anyone tossed Tear Gas...although we did use a lot of spray
                            Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by squad51 View Post
                              All of that over a little smoke.....I don't think anyone tossed Tear Gas...although we did use a lot of spray
                              By the way, thanks for stopping them where ya did on night 3 after the Rage concert. How far down 7th did they actually get?
                              Just call me "Sir Robin"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6069 users online. 365 members and 5704 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X