300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probation

I was given a ticket last year and when I went to court on the matter the judge decided to give me stay of adjudication for 1 year. Well I passed post exam in February and started looking for a job. I started to get backgrounded with an agency that informed me that I was uneligable while on probation. After 2 months I was able to get the probation lifted but am now being told that I have to wait 1 year after probation ends before I can get a job. My question is, can I still persue corrections, and or full-time CSO positions? The reasoning is that for 1 year I cant access certain computer programs, are those programs used only as a licensed peace officer? I hope the question makes sense if not please feel free to ask for any clarification.

Depending on what your case was, you may be eligible for a corrections type job. But of course, the backgrounder will have a big say in that i'm sure.
    "Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman--and I have no interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which as we discussed is strictly a comfort thing!"--Homer Simpson

Comment

What did you do to receive a "ticket".

Comment

The ticket was for selling tobacco to a minor. I realize now I should have just fought the ticket in court seeing how it was due to equipment malfunction. When i was getting backgrounded my BI told me the ticket ment nothing and should not effect my employment it's just the probation that hurt me.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if there is more to this story. Why can't you log onto certain computer programs? Selling tobacco to a minor gets you a year of probation?

Comment

I have talked with many different officers and most are just as confused as I am. I was told initially by my BI that while on probation or for a year after it ends I would not be able to become a licensed peace officer. He said I was unable to access "computer programs" that is necessary for the job. Yes 1 year stay of adjudication was administered by the judge who thought he was doing me a favor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6276 users online. 359 members and 5917 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X