300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan CBP Officer Applicants?

I passed the test on my second try for CBP Officer. I put down only Michigan for location. Seems to be moving quite fast.

Anyone else waiting on info for Michigan CBP officer?

Please let me know any questions or advice you might have for me.

My results (so far) are below.

*****DHS CBP Officer:*****

Written Exam: 4/5/08
    Results Letter: 4/17/08 - 77%
    TO Letter: Dated 6/24/08 for Michigan as a GS-7
    Docs sent: 7/7/08
    Received call for scheduling Medical/Fitness Exam: 7/11/08
    Medical/Fitness Tests: 7/22/08 - Passed all (pending in CASS)
    Received letter stating date for VBT: 7/24/08
    VBT scheduled for 8/15/08
    Last edited by Beecy; 07-26-2008, 12:23 PM.

Taking the test on the 5th, how hard was it? My worst area is math...is it really almost 5 hours long.

Comment

I thought it was mandatory to start off on the Southern Border.. That is the only thing holding me back from applying.. My wife has no desire to move..

Comment

Originally posted by Prangler View Post
        Taking the test on the 5th, how hard was it? My worst area is math...is it really almost 5 hours long.
        Well...like I said....I had to take it 2 times. The math consisted of 27 or so story problems all multiple choice...problem is...as you are calculating the answer....most of the numbers you run into on the way to the answer are one of the choices...have to be really careful with that. Yes...a good 4.5 to 5.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by JustmeintheD View Post
          I thought it was mandatory to start off on the Southern Border.. That is the only thing holding me back from applying.. My wife has no desire to move..
          The mandatory southern border stuff is for Border Patrol specifically (not CBPO)....which is also the reason you need to know your spanish for BP and you don't for CBPO. When I applied I could have picked 3 different areas....I only picked Michigan.....I don't want to move either.

Comment

Originally posted by JustmeintheD View Post
            You might be thinking of Boarder Patrol, CBP is slightly different to the best of my understanding. I heard through the rumor mill that CBP is hurtin BAD here in Michigan and they are allowing people to apply for just Michigan position. I did the same thing, only applied for Michigan, i have no desire to leave the mitten, we will see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Beecy View Post
              Well...like I said....I had to take it 2 times. The math consisted of 27 or so story problems all multiple choice...problem is...as you are calculating the answer....most of the numbers you run into on the way to the answer are one of the choices...have to be really careful with that. Yes...a good 4.5 to 5.5 hours.
              Thanks Beecy, do you remember what kind of problems, I havnt done math since my freshman year of college, is it fractions, other than the multiple steps with all those being possible selections, any twists i should expect.

Comment

You might be thinking of Boarder Patrol, CBP is slightly different to the best of my understanding. I heard through the rumor mill that CBP is hurtin BAD here in Michigan and they are allowing people to apply for just Michigan position. I did the same thing, only applied for Michigan, i have no desire to leave the mitten, we will see what happens.
                Yes...they don't refuse a just MI application. They are hurting bad in MI......here in Port Huron they are in the planning stages of building a new complex......they will need many more officers......I have at least 8 CBPO friends that currently work at the Port Huron port and they said most MI hires will be offered Port Huron first...Detroit 2nd...SSM 3rd.....I'm hoping for PH...since I live there!

Comment

Thanks Beecy, do you remember what kind of problems, I havnt done math since my freshman year of college, is it fractions, other than the multiple steps with all those being possible selections, any twists i should expect.
                  Did you look at the study guide on the CBP website?....it's a PDF file...you can just print the pages you want...mainly at the end of the math study material will be the story problems....I'm telling ya...all of them are the big ones....a mixture of everything within the story problems. Just do a google search for help with mathematical story problems....there are some good websites out there to help you...just remember to time yourself. I think you have a 1 hour and 10 or 20 minutes to do all the questions.

Comment

Beecy,
                    Yeah I looked at the study guide briefly, I still have a week or so before the test, so I need to do some more on it. I would hope for the Detroit position if offered, I live in Metro Detroit. Good luck with the rest of process!!! Thanks for the info!

Comment

I just took my VBT a few days ago. It seemed to have went well so I'm hoping I passed, but I still havent taken my medical/fitness. My CASS states that my papers are in the security office but my qualifications and pre-employment forms are still pending??

Good luck to you two and everyone else applying, be sure to keep updated. And Prangler, like Beecy said, study up on those story problems. They can be extremely confusing lol.
                      Last edited by furrball409; 07-27-2008, 11:03 PM. Reason: typo's

Comment

Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                        I passed the test on my second try for CBP Officer. I put down only Michigan for location. Seems to be moving quite fast.

Anyone else waiting on info for Michigan CBP officer?

Please let me know any questions or advice you might have for me.

My results (so far) are below.

*****DHS CBP Officer:*****

Written Exam: 4/5/08
                        Results Letter: 4/17/08 - 77%
                        TO Letter: Dated 6/24/08 for Michigan as a GS-7
                        Docs sent: 7/7/08
                        Received call for scheduling Medical/Fitness Exam: 7/11/08
                        Medical/Fitness Tests: 7/22/08 - Passed all (pending in CASS)
                        Received letter stating date for VBT: 7/24/08
                        VBT scheduled for 8/15/08

Well...I spoke with another Michigan gentleman yesterday who is just waiting for things to clear....he has finished all tests and VBT. He took his written exam just a week or so before I did. He said that it was exactly 1 week after his VBT that he got the call for his Drug Test. He had the Drug Test 2 weeks ago. He encouraged me to wear a suit to the VBT....which I already had planned on from advice from a CBP officer buddy. I will let you all know how the VBT went next weekend.

Beecy

Comment

Took the test last week, just waiting for the results.

Comment

Same here.. Took it on Thursday the 7th.. Will we get a notice in the mail or can we check somewhere??

Comment

I have no clue, they didnt tell us at the testing. I tested on the 5th, just waiting to hear now. There was probably 200 or more people there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5514 users online. 284 members and 5230 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X