300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Probation officers

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the State Probation Officers, such as hiring, training and what kind of role they play up there in michigan. I started to post this in the correction forum, but thought I might get a better response here. Thanks for any input.
    Line is ready. Shooters ready. Attention!

I will start with I am not a MI probation officer. I have been a cop here for about 9 years. MI PO's are overworked and underpaid. They have a large case load, it's mainly a desk job. They can put warrants or detainers on their probationers, but they do not go out and make the physical arrests. They also prepare pre-sentence investigation reports for newly convicted offenders. Also if a street cop catches a probation violating a term of his probabation after normal business hours, you can never get a hold of him to authorize the detainer. My understanding is the training is all OTJ. They are not certified LEOs, no academy etc...

Comment

ahh ok, thanks for the input. wow i didnt know they didnt have an academy. I think I will stay where I am... thanx for the info.
      Line is ready. Shooters ready. Attention!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5951 users online. 316 members and 5635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X