300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit PD

Finally they got a much needed raise and other incentives, as well as a higher starting salary. I hear they are also finally offering lateral-entry and will pay according to years of experience. Any Detroit officers out there that can honestly say if it's worth it? Reading news clips it seems like things have improved there.

Lateral entry lol. Ain't no one lateralling from Farmington Hills or Grosse Pointe to go push a cruiser in red zones like Mack and Helen for two-thirds the pay. Ain't no one lateralling from Florida or Arizona to suffer six months of gray wintry misery. The only *laterals* are the 300 officers who leave every year for greener pastures.

Detroit Police Department losing an officer nearly every day (police1.com)

DPD is a great place to battle-harden up quick and is one of the few departments who still hire 18 year olds, fresh out of high school. But how many laterals would want to work for a 22 year old sgt? You tell me....
    The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.

-Ernest Hemingway
    ‚Äč

Comment

Very true. Appreciate the input. I guess the only silver lining is the potential to get quickly promoted or get in a specialty unit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4710 users online. 268 members and 4442 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X