Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice on preparing for oral boards?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice on preparing for oral boards?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had some good advice and study guides for preparing for oral boards. Does anyone have or know of any good books to help prepare for boards? Thanks for any info provided.

You really don't need any books, you can find common questions they ask online (Why you want to be a cop, what makes you different than the other candidates, etc...), prepare for it, have an answer for each question memorized, your own answer too if you can, something someone isnt going to say for the next 10 interviews...be truthful in your answers, always wait for back up in their scenario questions, and if you have no idea on an answer, say you'd ask a supervisor...always seems to work as long as you don't use it for every question. Just a few things I've picked up along the way...

Comment

There is a really good book that covers a new way of interviewing. MSP uses this style as well as other Michigan departments.

The title is "Landing The Job You Want" How To Have The Best Job Interview Of Your Life. by William C. Byham, Ph.D., with Debra Pickett.

This book teaches you to answer in a S.T.A.R. format. S=situation T=Task A=Action R=Result.

Once you get it right in your head, it's easy!

I have had some GREAT interviews using this technique...

Good Luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6353 users online. 350 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X