300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a job!

I don't know what it is recently but it seems that there are a bunch of people on this forum from Michigan who are getting jobs. I don't know if people are hiring more or what but I am happy to announce that I have recieved a conditional offer of employment from a great police department (actually it was the first department that I applied to after finishing the academy).

Provided I pass the med and psych I'm have finally landed my dream job that I have been working towards for the last 7 years. For those of you who are still looking, I understand the frustration. Keep forging ahead and doing your best. If its meant to be it will happen. Its not easy and I won't pretend that it is, but its doable. Don't loss hope. I didn't and I'm so glad that I didn't. It helped that I had a great wife who supported me and encouraged me through the hard times.
    Day by Day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny...

CONGRATS!! I knew you would find something. Feels great doesn't it!

Comment

congrats....i think the market is starting to open up just a little bit...posibley due to retirement..

Comment

Originally posted by mlane1352 View Post
        congrats....i think the market is starting to open up just a little bit...posibley due to retirement..
        Do not get use to it, with all the Troopers being laid off, they will take most of the jobs because of their experience. Kinda screws us over with little to no experience.
        Your option....
        1. Sig 226
        2. KelTec P32
        3. S&W 442
        Either one...it's going to hurt A LOT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dgroth123 View Post
          Do not get use to it, with all the Troopers being laid off, they will take most of the jobs because of their experience. Kinda screws us over with little to no experience.
          There were only 30 lay offs right? The post near me didnt lay anyone off. They only have 10 or 12 troops anyway.
          It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

MSP did not lay off any Troopers off.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...ETRO/704070363

Comment

Depends on how many years those troopers have on the job, most departments in Michigan won't take your years...so a lot of those guys have to start over from scratch if they want to work, which in this economy, I'm sure most of them will. Just a little bit to keep our heads above water, its hard to breathe tho when there is water stacked on top of water haha...get your head above and you're still drowning.

We should just start a group like M.A.D.D., D.A.R.E., etc...against our Governor, I just can't think of a good acronym.

Comment

Originally posted by dep1299 View Post
                MSP did not lay off any Troopers off.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...ETRO/704070363
                Thats great. Maybe they will avoid it all together.
                It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Big Congrats from NEW YORK CITY!!! Good Luck and be safe!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4991 users online. 281 members and 4710 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X