Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irishluck31
    replied
    When I am back in the states and working, I try like hell to only work about 20 a week and still get paid for 40. Does that count?

If you all are looking out of state. I applied to Colorado Springs about 3 years ago and made it to the Poly and psyc before I bowed out due to an illness in the family that prevented me from moving. I didnt want to waste their money if I wasnt going to take the job. Anyway, I saw an advertisment for laterals and entry levels. its a great PD, tons of advancement and a huge area. 184 square miles or so and around 700 cops If I remember correctly. The town is great, nice place to raise a family and the housing was not too bad and affordable on a cops check. The city is at about 6500 feet I think, so be ready for that during the Physical agility test, it beat me up and I was running 5 miles everyother day.

http://www.springsgov.com/SectionIndex.asp?SectionID=7

If I had it to do over again and there was no family problems, I would have taken the job and never looked back.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Irishluck31; 05-09-2007, 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• mcampbell610
    replied
    I am just curious for those who are working less than 40 hours a month...is this just temporary until they make you full time or is this a permanent position? I had an oppurtunity to work a one day a week spot and turned it down, I'd rather move out of state and do what I love everyday with the benifits and insurance rather once a day every week for less than the guys at white castle are making. Michigan ****es me off. My bitching for the day is complete. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• WesternBound28
    replied
    Oh yeah good luck with whatever you choose to do..........this Honkie is heading to bed...

God Bless

Leave a comment:

• WesternBound28
    replied
    Yeah you would have to start all over, but atleast in other states they pay you for the academy.....

Leave a comment:

• Ejohnson
    replied
    Yep, out of state sounds pretty good, but I've already completed Academy here, so if I move, I start all over again.

Leave a comment:

• dgroth123
    replied
    Rdav is right a lot of small PD's will have to cut officers. I can understand why they want that because it is more experience, but messing around with the number officers in the state is not the best of ideas right now. Lets make it even harder for the state to keep officers. I love MI but does Dallas sound like a great place to be....

Leave a comment:

• WesternBound28
    replied
    It sucks when you have to leave the state of Michigan in order to get a full ride with a department, but if they keep changing things with how hard it is to get into a LE career already.....its going to be the only choice.......Thats why I have already made the choice to start my testing in Arizona...........Academy would be a waste of time and money if I were to stay in Michigan....plus the pay out there helps make my choice a little easier as well lol....

God Bless

Leave a comment:

• Ejohnson
    replied
    I heard they wanted to change it, but I didn't know they wanted to go to 40 hours. That bites! A lot of part-timers will take a hard hit on that one!

Leave a comment:

• Rdav375
    started a topic Latest Possible MCOLES SNAFU

Latest Possible MCOLES SNAFU

I heard a rumor today that could possibly prove dire for us part timers. Mcoles is debating changing the 8 hour shift once a month to keep certified to 40 hours a month. Personally there is no way that I can get that at my dept. Anyone else out there here this. Another way for MCOLES to make money? Lose our certs and have to pay to recert? Whats the logic?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3048 users online. 165 members and 2883 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X