300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland County Sheriff

Anyone else get called to interview with Oakland next week?
    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

I just finished the background.Still waiting on a phone call.

Comment

Seems like they take quite a while, I applied in October, and then again in March, just had my interview as you can see. How long did it take to hear back after you’re interview ?
      USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
      Oorah!

Comment

Hey man what's your status now?

Comment

I was advised, they cannot inform me whether I passed the oral board or not. I was advised I am not able to be notified where I’m at in the process, BUT that my application will be good til February 2020. I’ve experienced some interesting answers when applying to agencies. But this is by far the biggest cliffhanger I’ve experienced. Any word on you’re end ?
          USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
          Oorah!

Comment

Well it took me in total 6 months from the time I got a letter for my interview.You should hear something soon just be patient.I actually start the job in a couple weeks.

Comment

Alright. Thanks!
              USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
              Oorah!

Comment

Anyone have any updates ? I’ve applied twice, oral board once, no one from the department will advise on my
                process...
                USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                Oorah!

Comment

Are you applying for inside or outside?

Comment

Applying for the road, I emailed HR the other day and they advised the list is good I till March of 2020.....so would that mean I passed the oral board? lol
                    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                    Oorah!

Comment

Probably.

From what I gather the hiring is slowing down a little bit for now. Retirements seem to come in waves. Those that were hired in the 80's and 90's are still kicking around but not like it was when I got hired on in the early 2010's.

HR likes to hire both jail and laterals in groups. For the jail it is groups of 20-30 and laterals it is usually a group of between 10-15.

In terms of those that are hired from the outside we seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel lately. It is unbelievable some of these guys. For a while when outside hiring was taking place we wanted those with true experience. Now we hire some outright slugs. Please don't be a slug if you want to lateral to OCSO.
                      Last edited by Melson; 11-22-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Man that’s brutal. No I handle approx 20-25 calls a night in the current county I work now. Self initiate when it’s possible, now that it’s cold, there’s more time. But I’m not holding my breath. Several opportunities have started knocking, so I’ve gotta start making decisions.
                        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                        Oorah!

Comment

It's still a great department. I would say one of the best in Metro Detroit to work for.

Hope whatever it is you desire it works out.

Comment

Thanks, same to you homie!
                            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                            Oorah!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5577 users online. 269 members and 5308 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X