Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WesternBound28
    replied
    yeah the cost of living in AZ is like 1.something % higher...I forgot what web site it was my brother looked on but it said for him to live the same life style in Phoenix as he does here he would only have to make $600 more a year than he does now......I will try to get the web site and post it....I know you put in your uncome now and then put in the state and it will tell you how much more or less a year you would have to make in that area to be the same as you are now....

**God Bless**

Leave a comment:

• mlane1352
    replied
    Yeah, I thought about heading out to Arizona also...I have been looking at PD;s in Georgia the last couple of days and from what I have learned I am fairly impressed. They pay descent, they sponsor( well most have their own academies), and the cost of living isnt incredibly high. The cost of living in AZ is higher than MI pretty much everyplace on the western half of the country has a higher cost of living thats probably why places like arizona, nevada, and California pay their LEO's like 20-30k more than say MI, FL, etc...

Leave a comment:

• WesternBound28
    replied
    Or go to West Shore Community College for your academy.....the longest run they do is 1 mile!!!!!not even timed.......I too am working on losing weight...In high school I went from 275 to 230 in 3 months by eating nothing but chicken, tuna fish, green beans, WHY PROTEIN, and L-Carnatein!!!, and work out work out and work out some more! I was dumb and gained the weight back for football and never lost it again.....until now ... I run 1.5 miles a day and eat the stuff I just named....put it this way 1 1/2 weeks ago I was 305 and now I am 282.....the only difference is that I'm going to Arizona where your testing calls for a 1.5 mile run in 12:51, 28 push ups, 39 sit ups in 1min, and jump an 8 foot wall.....once you lose the weight you should do just fine with MCOLES......Good Luck

**God Bless**

Leave a comment:

• mlane1352
    replied
    Hey guys I just weighed myself today and it turns out im doing better than I thought... since I started my diet and excercise regiment a couple months ago I have lost 20 lbs... i was so afraid to weigh myself with the fear that I would not have made any progress. My clothes have fitting looser but i figured a couple lbs would do that but ..i finally weighed myself and to my surprise i lost about 20 lbs...Its odd that i didnt really notice it though:S I wonder why that is?

Leave a comment:

• MIRailCop
    replied
    If you don't have time to get the gym. I found a really effective workout for me, I work a lot of hours and have a newborn at home.
    Most officers already do this "SWAT WORKOUT"

http://www.mensjournal.com/healthFit...kout_swat.html

But like everyone said, seek professional help at first and stick in there.

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    Give it time...your body is in a state of shock right now....it's confused why all of a sudden u are working out and eating right...once your metabolism and body get used to the change, your body will shed off pounds quick...u got to get weights in there though...it may slow down the weight loss, but if you are going foe the century mark loss, there is going to be a lot of loose skin and flab, weights will help tighten it up

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Atkins!!!! Done correctly and safely can be very effective!

Leave a comment:

• goodie2shoes
    replied
    Buy Kenin Trudeau's Book "weight Lose Cure They Don't What You To Know About". It's A Great Book.

Leave a comment:

• Irishluck31
    replied
    Originally posted by popowannabe View Post
    I've lost half my body weight. I have weighed as much as 304 pounds (was preg with twins at the time). I'm now at 140 and just got hired on. Made it through academy with no probs. But I'm still not a runner!

PM me if you wanna chat!

Sherri
    Holy Crap, Good job.

Leave a comment:

• pulisman
    replied
    See a doctor first like others have stated.You should eat 5 to 6 small clean meals a day instead of 3 big ones. At the least workout for 30 min a day 3 times a week. Cardio is a must! Check out the websites muscle and fitness and bodybuilding.com.

Leave a comment:

• popowannabe
    replied
    Hope it all works out for you
    Last edited by popowannabe; 08-27-2008, 10:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mlane1352
    replied
    yeah I am going to start next week. I am going to definately consider talking to a doctor but I am good health.Im over weight but my blood pressure is good, I have normal cholsterol levels ..its weird other than the whole being fat thing im in good health. I have a gym membership so Now that my winter semester is over I am going to be in there everyday im not at work instead of just 3 days a week!!.

Leave a comment:

• LCPLPunk
    replied
    Stop drinking soda all together, i'm sure that diet stuff still has alot of sugar in it. Drink water, walk whenever possible and get your mind into the 'healthy' mode and u'll be on the way to losing that weight!

Leave a comment:

• mlane1352
    replied
    thanks everyone

Leave a comment:

• normal1
    replied
    'careful with the sugar, it'll cause your body to make insulin and store the sugar as fat. Drink lots of water..preferably cold, if you drink cold water your body will need to burn calories to bring it down to your body temp. Seriously consider talking to a Doctor, I think thats extremely important. Sorry for repeating but its true.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3163 users online. 165 members and 2998 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X