300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to lose like 100 lbs!! HELP!!

Hello, I am new to this message board. I have been reading some previous posts and I get the sense that people on here are pretty helpful. So, I thought I would ask for some advice. I am going to school for a Bachelor in CJ and the only thing I want to do is become a LEO. The problem is I need to lose like 100 lbs before I can even think about getting into an academy. I have a couple of years before I get my degree and I joined a gym and have been working out 3 times a week inbetween school and work.I have lost a few lbs but I guess it isnt going as fast as I would like. And now that school is out for the summer i really need to kick it up and lose the weight. It seems like nothing is working!! is there a sure fire way to lose the weight? If anyone can help I would really appreciate some advice Thanks alot!

First of all.. You can do it, its all in your mind, if you want to loose the weight you will do it. I need to loose about that same about of weight in about 6 months, I got in touch with a nutritionist who along with my Doctor stated it was in fact possible. I work out 7 days a week for an hour and try to eat healthy and eat enough to give my body the energy it needs (male in his 20s thats about 2,500 calories a day).

My advice is seek advice from your Doctor and have him refer you to a nutritionist so you can do it safely.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by normal1; 04-28-2007, 09:48 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Incorporate both exercise and clean eating. You really need to maintain both at the same time. If you are just getting back into the exercising mode take it slow. Over doing it in the beginning can cause injuries or burnout. 100 lbs is a lot of weight. Remember it took some time to put on this extra weight so it will take time to take it off...safely. Incorporate healthy eating alternatives to your diet. Instead of drinking 2% milk drink 1/2% or skim. Eat more lean proteins, and start your day off with a good breakfast. You get the idea. It all boils down to your drive and how badly you want to change.

Comment

stop eating french fries and doughnuts. Fries were really hard for me. Walk or run on the treadmill everyday or every other day. I did that and was able to lose 80 lbs. You have to start to like the feeling of being a little hungry because you know it is working. You can do it.

Comment

I agree with Normal1, 100lb is a DRASTIC change, you're definitely need to speak with a professional. It's going to take some time to take it off and it's not going to come off in a month, this is going to be a LONG TERM commitment.

Start a journal for yourself from day 1. It will allow you to see changes even if you can't see them physically on your body. I wish you the best of luck on your goal! Keep me posted on your progress

Comment

Yeah I havent had fast food in a long time. I am actually eating really healthy I think( fruits, veggies,only turkey and chicken, cherios for breakfast,no soda exept diet , no fast food, except subway on occasion... etc.) I am starting to replace meals with fruit smoothies.
            is that a good idea or should have more or add suppliments or what?

Comment

Yeah a journal is a good idea. If i see improvment there even if i dont notice it right away on my body it might help keep me in the state of mind to commit perminatley...

Comment

'careful with the sugar, it'll cause your body to make insulin and store the sugar as fat. Drink lots of water..preferably cold, if you drink cold water your body will need to burn calories to bring it down to your body temp. Seriously consider talking to a Doctor, I think thats extremely important. Sorry for repeating but its true.

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

Stop drinking soda all together, i'm sure that diet stuff still has alot of sugar in it. Drink water, walk whenever possible and get your mind into the 'healthy' mode and u'll be on the way to losing that weight!
                    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

yeah I am going to start next week. I am going to definately consider talking to a doctor but I am good health.Im over weight but my blood pressure is good, I have normal cholsterol levels ..its weird other than the whole being fat thing im in good health. I have a gym membership so Now that my winter semester is over I am going to be in there everyday im not at work instead of just 3 days a week!!.

Comment

Hope it all works out for you
                        Last edited by popowannabe; 08-27-2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

See a doctor first like others have stated.You should eat 5 to 6 small clean meals a day instead of 3 big ones. At the least workout for 30 min a day 3 times a week. Cardio is a must! Check out the websites muscle and fitness and bodybuilding.com.
                          The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

Originally posted by popowannabe View Post
                            I've lost half my body weight. I have weighed as much as 304 pounds (was preg with twins at the time). I'm now at 140 and just got hired on. Made it through academy with no probs. But I'm still not a runner!

PM me if you wanna chat!

Sherri
                            Holy Crap, Good job.
                            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Buy Kenin Trudeau's Book "weight Lose Cure They Don't What You To Know About". It's A Great Book.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2666 users online. 145 members and 2521 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X