300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burton PD

Has any one who tested with them heard anything back yet? A guy I know got a letter on the 2nd saying that he was no longer in the process, but myself and another guy from my academy have not heard anything back yet. Just wondering if any one has a scheduled oral yet or not.

Originally posted by Bluedog70
    Has any one who tested with them heard anything back yet? A guy I know got a letter on the 2nd saying that he was no longer in the process, but myself and another guy from my academy have not heard anything back yet. Just wondering if any one has a scheduled oral yet or not.
    They have hired all the people already. You pretty much need to know someone who knows someone. Just a tip

Comment

Huh? They have at least 4 opening, do you mean they already have their eye on who they will hire?

Comment

Talked to the Sgt. a few days ago. He said "No news is good news." They're going to be doing the rest of their process in the next month I believe.

Not to worry. I don't know what the heck AAPDCBPD2034 is talking about.

I do know they've weeded out about 40 people based on the written exam, per the Sgt. I'm with ya on the waiting part!

Sherri

Comment

Great! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the news. By chance did the Sgt say how many people were left after the written exam? Again, thanks for the info, definately took a little bit of stress off! I have Evo this weekend which should be stressful enough

Comment

I went through their process and made it all the way through but was hired by my current department with an offer I couldn't refuse. They had a very competive hiring process and it always seem like they took awhile to get back with responses in each phase. But with that said most departments do.

Did they make you write out an essay still? They are a great department but their starting pay is very ugly at least it was at the time I was looking to get hired.

Good Luck and just keep faith, it's fustrating enough to go through the academy self sponsored. Don't listen to people's negativity either. I was told I would never find a job because the economy, I was hired within a month after my academy and I will be first to admit I was not in the top of my class LOL.

Comment

I got a rejection letter from them on Saturday. It says just applicant as the title, but it said that something in my sworn statement raised a red flag. I dont know what that means, but thats my story.

Comment

Ya they had us answer four essay questions for their testing. I got a call on Saturday from them and I have my oral in May. Thanks for the advice, I tend to not listen to the negative nancys about Michigan LE, I just apply and hope for the best! I get done with the academy May 15th, I just hope I will have a job by fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog70
                  Ya they had us answer four essay questions for their testing. I got a call on Saturday from them and I have my oral in May. Thanks for the advice, I tend to not listen to the negative nancys about Michigan LE, I just apply and hope for the best! I get done with the academy May 15th, I just hope I will have a job by fall.
                  Right on about ignoring negativity. Those who really WANT to get there find a way. I was told I'd never find a job too, now I'm with a great department.
                  Invisible cows control my mind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5760 users online. 328 members and 5432 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X