300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Police Academy

How is the DPD academy? I heard it's ran military style. Mostly push-ups and running the first 2 months then the academics start. What's the first week like getting adjusted?

I haven't been through it myself, but through an internship got a small taste of it for a week. From what I saw there is a lot of pushups, lots of running, lots of PT in general. Academics start from the beginning and can be difficult. It will be challenging, but there's no reason you couldn't complete it if you want it enough. The advice I was given for the academy is make sure you have a good reason to be there, and make sure you remember that reason. There will come a time when you're doing pushups because one of your classmates didn't listen (again) and you will think about quitting. If you have a good reason for being there, and you want it then there's nothing holding you back.

Comment

I know someone in the current academy and they're down to 22 from 35. He is up until midnight or 1 am doing homework and getting ready for the next day. It's not easy from what I've heard, but that's because it shouldn't be.
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Do you know how long the academy is. Is it 6 month or 5 month? I am hearing conflicting stories, some people say it's 6 month n others say it's 5 month long.

Comment

You graduate when you graduate is pretty much what I've been told. There was a class like 12 years ago that was held back from graduating because they didn't salute the current police chief.

Maybe someone closer to the department will have some better info.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8325 users online. 450 members and 7875 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X