Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeyfan05
    replied
    Has anyone taken the physical agility test lately for the State Police? Or has anyone heard anything from them yet?

Leave a comment:

• BlueKnight116
    replied
    Originally posted by Enviropig
    The budget supplemental to restore MCOLES training assistance grants
    passed the Senate just prior to lunch time today (11/09/05). The bill also includes funding for the MSP Post's slated for closure. The bill is now on its way to the Governor for signature. I am told she intends to sign it.
    That's excellent news. I had heard that they weren't going to vote on it until December. The rational I heard was that the posts would be closed by the end of this month and then when the vote would come up it'd too late that way none of the politicians would look like the bad guys. It's amazing how rumors get around.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/in...720.xml&coll=6

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyfan05
    replied
    Yep, I heard the same thing on the news today. Hopefully, they find some funding for a few troop academys. Has anyone taken the physical agility test lately for the MSP?

Leave a comment:

• JHoek
    replied
    looks like they learned the hard way not to screw with the idea of closing posts. had quite the political fallout b/c of it.

Good to hear that the posts will remain open.

Leave a comment:

• Enviropig
    replied
    The budget supplemental to restore MCOLES training assistance grants
    passed the Senate just prior to lunch time today (11/09/05). The bill also includes funding for the MSP Post's slated for closure. The bill is now on its way to the Governor for signature. I am told she intends to sign it.

Leave a comment:

• BlueKnight116
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeyfan05
    The state might also close 3 posts. So it looks like things won't be good for quite awhile. Not too many other agencies hiring in MI either.
    Yep, it looks like the Groveland Post, Grand Haven Post, & Iron River Post will be closing soon.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyfan05
    replied
    The state is also thinking about cutting funding for 3 posts. So, things don't look good. There isn't too many other agencies hiring in MI either.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyfan05
    replied
    The state might also close 3 posts. So it looks like things won't be good for quite awhile. Not too many other agencies hiring in MI either.

Leave a comment:

• BlueKnight116
    replied
    Originally posted by Enviropig
    I have even heard rumors of trooper lay offs!

I've heard the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Enviropig
    replied
    I currently work for the state as an environmental police officer and have been waiting for a Troop school as well. The budget is whacked and I hear not to expect one for a few years. I am sitting on a 100 civil sevice score that will expire in February too!

I have even heard rumors of trooper lay offs!

Be Safe!

Leave a comment:

• WEIGHMASTER
    replied
    State ploice

Its a shame that Michigan is in the state of economy that it is. No real jobs anywhere in my area. The problem is the state will decide last minute that oh we are going to have an academy in july 06, hurry up and get your test scheduled. In my county and adjoining counties the officers have to race for 20 miles sometimes to respond to a call they are so shorthanded. I usually respond to all local traffic accidents just to help with traffic control even when off duty. But Im also on the fire dept.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyfan05
    replied
    Originally posted by WEIGHMASTER
    I talked with a motor carrier officer the other day that used to be a recruiter and he said in 06 maybe spring or early summer for motor carriers. I thought they usually had them together. I hope hes right cause im trying for motor carrier. If you hear anything let me know, I'll do the same for you.
    They will be hiring motor carrier officers in the spring/early summer of 06. I know that for a fact. I am trying to get in as a trooper and there is no academy in the 06 fiscal year for sure. This is according to a recruiter that I spoke with the other day.

Leave a comment:

• billy8878
    replied
    I have heard that they are hiring motor carrier ofcs. but no word on Troopers.

Leave a comment:

• WEIGHMASTER
    replied
    state police academy

I talked with a motor carrier officer the other day that used to be a recruiter and he said in 06 maybe spring or early summer for motor carriers. I thought they usually had them together. I hope hes right cause im trying for motor carrier. If you hear anything let me know, I'll do the same for you.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyfan05
    replied
    Yep. I have been trying to get in for 3 years. Hopefully, they have an academy in '07.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2859 users online. 228 members and 2631 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X