300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Police

Has anyone heard any news on when the Michigan State Police might be holding the next trooper academy?

from what I heard no time soon ..

Comment

Don't hold your breath...With the threat of several posts being closed around the state and the lack of funding for MCOLES, I doubt it will be any time soon.

Comment

^ Yup, our state's budget situation is a clusterfawk (to say the least). LOL
        Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Yep. I have been trying to get in for 3 years. Hopefully, they have an academy in '07.

Comment

state police academy

I talked with a motor carrier officer the other day that used to be a recruiter and he said in 06 maybe spring or early summer for motor carriers. I thought they usually had them together. I hope hes right cause im trying for motor carrier. If you hear anything let me know, I'll do the same for you.

Comment

I have heard that they are hiring motor carrier ofcs. but no word on Troopers.

Comment

Originally posted by WEIGHMASTER
                I talked with a motor carrier officer the other day that used to be a recruiter and he said in 06 maybe spring or early summer for motor carriers. I thought they usually had them together. I hope hes right cause im trying for motor carrier. If you hear anything let me know, I'll do the same for you.
                They will be hiring motor carrier officers in the spring/early summer of 06. I know that for a fact. I am trying to get in as a trooper and there is no academy in the 06 fiscal year for sure. This is according to a recruiter that I spoke with the other day.

Comment

State ploice

Its a shame that Michigan is in the state of economy that it is. No real jobs anywhere in my area. The problem is the state will decide last minute that oh we are going to have an academy in july 06, hurry up and get your test scheduled. In my county and adjoining counties the officers have to race for 20 miles sometimes to respond to a call they are so shorthanded. I usually respond to all local traffic accidents just to help with traffic control even when off duty. But Im also on the fire dept.

Comment

I currently work for the state as an environmental police officer and have been waiting for a Troop school as well. The budget is whacked and I hear not to expect one for a few years. I am sitting on a 100 civil sevice score that will expire in February too!

I have even heard rumors of trooper lay offs!

Be Safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Enviropig
                      I have even heard rumors of trooper lay offs!

I've heard the same thing.
                      Disclaimer: The opinions I expressed here are mine and mine alone. They do not necessarily reflect the positions any other known person or organization.

Comment

The state might also close 3 posts. So it looks like things won't be good for quite awhile. Not too many other agencies hiring in MI either.

Comment

The state is also thinking about cutting funding for 3 posts. So, things don't look good. There isn't too many other agencies hiring in MI either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan05
                            The state might also close 3 posts. So it looks like things won't be good for quite awhile. Not too many other agencies hiring in MI either.
                            Yep, it looks like the Groveland Post, Grand Haven Post, & Iron River Post will be closing soon.
                            Disclaimer: The opinions I expressed here are mine and mine alone. They do not necessarily reflect the positions any other known person or organization.

Comment

The budget supplemental to restore MCOLES training assistance grants
                              passed the Senate just prior to lunch time today (11/09/05). The bill also includes funding for the MSP Post's slated for closure. The bill is now on its way to the Governor for signature. I am told she intends to sign it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5518 users online. 330 members and 5188 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X