300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How safe an area is it?

We're making our first trip to the Detroit area in over 20 years in June. We're visiting the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. We're spending the night at the Holiday Inn Express, 7680 Merriman Road, Romulus, Michigan. How safe of an area is it?

You hear horror stories about Detroit and you hear it's really not so bad. I know cops are the ones that really know.

Thanks for any feedback.

All the areas you mentioned are very safe. I live in Dearborn (Henry Ford/Greenfield Village) and go to the airport (Holiday Inn) on a regular basis. In the suburban areas (where many attractions are such as the zoo) you will be more than fine. Also downtown Detroit for the most part is fine, the area around the stadiums is well protected and isolated from the dangers that exist in many Detroit neighborhoods.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

No problem, feel free to post any other questions for any area you may want to visit,

Comment

Considering none of those places are in Detroit, you're about as safe as you would be in any suburb.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

EVERYWHERE is Detroit when your in SE Michigan!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3426 users online. 218 members and 3208 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X