300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass greener on the other side?

Figured I would ask your guys opinion. I currently work for a small department (28 sworn) as a civilian employee. We haven't lost anyone yet do to budget cuts and are on track for what looks like another good year. My job is pretty secure, but feel like there is not a lot of opportunity to move around in the department. This being said I have the possible opportunity to work for MSP as a civilian. Similar pay scale, possibly a bit better pay.

With current conditions, economic and etc, is this a good move as far as job stability?

Originally posted by waleye262 View Post
    Figured I would ask your guys opinion. I currently work for a small department (28 sworn) as a civilian employee. We haven't lost anyone yet do to budget cuts and are on track for what looks like another good year. My job is pretty secure, but feel like there is not a lot of opportunity to move around in the department. This being said I have the possible opportunity to work for MSP as a civilian. Similar pay scale, possibly a bit better pay.

With current conditions, economic and etc, is this a good move as far as job stability?
    It depends on what the civilian position is. MSP like many state departments are under a budget microscope. I would say that for most new state employees, approach the job offer with a whole lot of caution because layoffs are a strong possibility until you get a nice seniority cushion under you.

With that said, sometimes you just have to go for it.

Comment

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side. It's also greener over the Septic Drain-field. Just something to consider.
      "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4681 users online. 261 members and 4420 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X