300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOLES recognition of prior training exam

Anyone take this recently? I've been told that this is scenario based?

I took it in 2007 and it was not scenario based then. I also had to qualify with a pistol, shotgun and rifle. Make sure your first aid certification is up to date as well or you will have to take a basic first aid course.

Comment

I guess you could consider the written as scenario based. I took it in 2007 as well and each question had three choices for the answer.

Example:

You are the first officer on the scene of a burglary. What is the first thing you do?

1) Check for known burglars in the area
      2) Set up a perimeter
      3) Check for fingerprints

The questions weren't crazy hard but you needed to think because there were often two correct answers but one was more correct than the other, if that makes sense.
      "Howard Roark laughed."

Comment

Originally posted by MSUalum View Post
        Anyone take this recently? I've been told that this is scenario based?
        I took it in December 2010 and yes all 100 questions were scenario based. I was a PO in MI for 10 years, took a 5 year break/stint in the private sector, and found the test relatively easy. I didn't have to take the week long class and didn't study much either. The firearms test is moderately tougher...but not many people fail.

Comment

I guess I misunderstood what the OP meant by scenario based....I was thinking the video test that ask what would you do. BTW the test was not difficult, if you have half a brain, you will do fine.

Comment

I thought it was just the same certification exam MCOLES gives you at the end of your academy. Don't know for sure tho, didn't have to take it.
            This LEO is now: gottajob

Comment

I think it is for the most part...

Comment

Cool, thanks for the responses.

Comment

oh and unless you have something lined up back here...Michigan pretty much sucks balls for LE jobs right now.

Comment

Nah, just looking of coming back home. I figured it would make it easier to compete with the MCOLES license.

Comment

Good luck.

Dearborn PD, Macomb and Ingham County SD's take apps continuously. Other than that the MCOLES site usually posts when a PD is taking apps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6390 users online. 353 members and 6037 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X