Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easton_k this forum has a wealth of info. If you go back about a year and read forward you will get a good sense of the timeline. I took my physical fitness test in November 2018, prescreen interview in January, background started in May and finished end of July, hiring interview in September and a COE this week. Depending on if a class fills up things may get stopped for a bit and sometimes you have to reapply to the new school, starting where you left off in the process. Have patience as it’s a slow process but worth it.

Comment

• Just an update my husband received his conditional offer for the 137th recruit school this morning! Good luck everyone! It’s been a long process but it’s worth it!
      Last edited by Izzyd2121; 11-08-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• easton_k They might have slowed up on the amount of fitness tests due to the next academy being so close. I feel as if they're focusing on individuals who are in the later stages of the process right now (this is just my opinion, though). I have been waiting for my BI to start for a little over a month now, which is fine. It's just a very long, sometimes frustrating process. My application was changed to 138th recruit school as well. Hope you have continued success!

Congrats to everyone who's received a COE, and I hope to be there for the next school!

Comment

• Anyone heard anything lately? I am done with my background now it was turned in and began review on the 8th of this month.

Comment

• Hawkinator
            Hawkinator commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you hear anything yet?

• I passed my hiring interview on the 7th of November. I spoke to a Sergeant in recruitment on the 14th and he said there were still 15-20 openings for the 137th and that more offers should be made in a week or so. I hope it’s any day now because I’m tired of looking at me email 100 times a day!

Comment

• I received my COE this morning for the 137th. 3 1/2 months from start to finish.

Comment

• Quick question, im assuming they call your current employer during BI? Its just that ill more than likely be let go when they find out I applied elsewhere. TIA

Comment

• Rk1987
                Rk1987 commented
                Editing a comment
                They most likely will definately contact your current employer. While I was going through the background phase, they spoke with my direct manager, her manager, and also about 5 of my co-workers.

• @Rk1987
              or anyone that finished the background phase,

I did my ore-screen interview and they emailed me saying they’re moving along and now the BI is underway. I remember in the supplemental packet we had to disclose our banking info, does this mean they go through our bank account? I’m good on everything in my life. I got nothing to hide but I find going through bank statements a bit violating (?) in a way.. it’s not that big a deal I’m just curious if they go through or allowed to go through statements/transactions, my balances I’m not concerned of, it’s just the transactions are too personal.

thanks in advance for whoever responds.

Comment

• I provided all of my banking info for mine. Not sure how much my BI looked at it. I believe they just want to make sure you can manage your finances so that it won’t be a problem later on down the road. Best of luck!

Comment

• Anyone get Appointment Letters yet?

Comment

• Izzyd2121
                    Izzyd2121 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My husband just got his yesterday morning for the 137th

• Pasted my agility test and pre-screen interview on Saturday 11/9 and moved on to background review on 11/14. As of two weeks ago the recruiter said I’ve still not been assigned a background investigator. Just curious if anyone else is in the same situation? For those that have went through background, were you contacted by the investigator before they started?

Comment

• Canole92
                    Canole92 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not sure the specifics on the background investigation process, they may do some preliminary digging but you will definitely be contacted and meet with the BI at some point.

• You’ll be notified through email that your investigator is assigned and will be contacting you shortly after. The whole process is pretty straight-forward and simple. Be truthful and it shouldn’t be an issue. Good luck!

Comment

• Anyone knows what basic swimming skills are neccessary for the water safety portion?

Comment

• ALB86
                      ALB86 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Be able to tread water, swim laps, dive, and be confident in the water.

• Hawkinator
                      Hawkinator commented
                      Editing a comment
                      GreatMSP There is also a YouTube video on the swimming part of the academy. It is from 6 years ago so they might of altered it a little bit, but ultimately it should look something like the video. Link is https://youtu.be/8JCfukzAi94 good luck!

• Quick question for those who had their background check done, how long did yours take to complete? How long from the start of the background check to the hiring interview? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Hawkinator
                      Hawkinator commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just depends on what’s on your background and if they have to look at anything a little closer. Could be a couple weeks, could be closer to a month and a half.

• Izzyd2121
                      Izzyd2121 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It depends on how backed up the background investigators are. I know that my husband investigator didn’t even start for awhile and then it was quite a few months from the beginning of the background investigation until his hiring interview. The investigator said everything was all good and he was done but if took months after that to get a hiring interview scheduled. Every situation is different could be a few weeks to a few months.

• Stev123
                      Stev123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My background to quite some time as I’m an out of state applicant. As many of you know this process is long and in-depth. It was a pretty painless experience as long as you’re truthful and forward with everything. Good luck.

• Heard from a “civilian” recruiter from MSP today that for the 138th recruiting class, which is still accepting applications until the end of this month, they will be taking out the pre screening interview for this upcoming class of recruits, so right after the pt test you will go straight into a background check. Also heard for the 137th class that only 400 people applied! That’s really low of a number if you ask me and that number is the starting number, a lot of people will fail the pt and background, so my guess is that if you make it to the hiring interview and nail it you’ll have a very good chance of getting that COE you all have been looking for! Good luck all. She also said the next academy is in May for the 138th class, don’t know if that has been mentioned but if not now it has!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14147 users online. 438 members and 13709 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X