300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOLES Cert.

With the economy the way it is and the job situation for Police Officers, I am starting to think about out of state jobs. My question is, are there any states out there that will honor MCOLES certification? Thanks for the help and info.

I think Rosewell New Mexico accepts Michigan's Cert, and are looking to hire... Did you get certification this year at an academy??? I was certified at WCR 5-09-09. If you can swing moving it is the best option.
    Last edited by _GLOCK_; 10-31-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I know many states will accept your training. I was interviewed in Tennessee by quite a few dept's and they like out-of-staters. In states that hire then cert, us that have already been trained will save them a lot of $$. You'll still take classes, like that state's law, Vehicle Ops and weapons, but you won't go thru the whole academy.
      Some states I've applied to are Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, and New Mexico. I'm sure there's more. Just start searching the web, and look for info on lateral transfers or waiver of training.

Comment

Find a state you want to work with and you need to get on their website and check. I had a lot of friends that I went to the academy with that went out of state. I had friends go to IL, FL, TX and DC and all their training varied but most stated it was one or two weeks on their state/local laws, plus your FTO training. They also all said the same thing, they love it and was happy they left when they could.

Comment

Originally posted by MICOP078 View Post
          Find a state you want to work with and you need to get on their website and check. I had a lot of friends that I went to the academy with that went out of state. I had friends go to IL, FL, TX and DC and all their training varied but most stated it was one or two weeks on their state/local laws, plus your FTO training. They also all said the same thing, they love it and was happy they left when they could.
          FL will accept the training as long as the poster has 1 year of police service (full time) otherwise he is SOL and will be required to attend the full academy.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6359 users online. 348 members and 6011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X