• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Parolees often become repeat offenders"

"Parolees often become repeat offenders"

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i..._repeat_o.html

Things that make you go hmmm.....

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

At Wayne county we just release everyone out on tether. Its like fishing in a catch and release stream!!!

Comment

Pretty much the entire Detroit Metro area does not extradite on most of their misdemeanor warrants and on some of their felony warrants. The jails set aside a select number of beds for parol absconders and if the beds are full, you can’t lock them up (even if they abscond on a violent crime). You don’t even waste your dispatcher’s time checking on Detroit traffic warrants.

Comment

Right now when we have a parolee who is arrested on Parole Violations only, they are not held at Wayne County Jail anymore but various Detroit Police Departments, and then we have to act very quickly to either reinstate them back on to parole (which is usually the case) , or to have them go back to prison *only if they commit another felony*. It is basically a three ring circus right now. Hopefully something changes soon.

Another thing that is quite interesting........

there should be a city parolee map, of what houses consist of parolees and where........I think every street would have at least one or two in the city of Detroit.
        Last edited by LockAndKey; 10-27-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

We at the MDOC have know this for a while.

Comment

Before October 1st, we were going back and forth to Wayne County Jail. Now just Police Departments. I guess the contract was not renewed with the Jail.

Comment

Sadly Michigan is in the process of closing prisons, laying off CO's, and in general speeding up the process of dumping felons back into our communities.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...oling_con.html

Also, on that above link, check out some of the comments posted by a few ungrateful sheeple. Specifically the ones who say that CO's have lavish pay and benefits. IIRC 8 to 10 years ago you couldn't find enough brave citizens who wanted to be MI CO's, and now some of these sheep have the nerve to criticize CO's for having health insurance.

Last edited by 7th District; 10-29-2009, 09:42 AM.
              "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12156 users online. 404 members and 11752 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X