300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calhoun County SO question

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the fee list for civil process. Iam suing in the District Court but they now live in Bay City and would need to have them served there.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Straight from the Bay County Sheriff's Office website:

Service of court documents such as Subpoenas, Summons and Complaints, Small Claims, Eviction Orders, Mortgage Postings, Personal Protection Orders, etc. is provided by the Sheriff's Office for a fee. Fees range from $10.00 to $30.00 depending on the paper being served plus a mileage fee (currently $0.445 per mile). Fees are not required in advance. The Finance Department will send an invoice. (Please note that fees for process service are separate from those charged by the courts.) Proofs of service will be returned by mail. Service of civil papers is provided Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The Civil Process Division can be reached at (989) 895-4071.

Comment

MiDeputy.. Thanks brother.. I called Bay SO and Bay City PD to file a report with them however since the incident happened in Battle Creek, it has to go through Calhoun county. Are fees about the same MI wide?

Comment

Civil process fees should be all around the same price for most Sheriff's Departments statewide however, as you learned some agencies won't serve civil process that they don't have interest in. A better bet would be to contact the local District Court Officer who is also a process server, and he will serve whatever needs to be served regardless of what district court the lawsuit originated in. Although, his fees might be slightly higher. Here is a contact for Bay County.

Mark King
        74th District Court Officer
        Mid-Michigan Process Service
        P.O. Box 246
        Bay City, MI 48707-0246
        Office: (989) 893-4223 Fax: (989) 509-5916 Cellular: (989) 737-3878
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Thank you. He was alittle more than the SO (finally got a hold of someone there) but he is willing to do the pick up and delivery.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5664 users online. 324 members and 5340 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X