300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Detroit Crime Stoppers?

I just got a call for an interview for the Metro Detroit Crime Stoppers. According to the guy I talked to on the phone, they conduct private investigations for the Detroit Police and receive 43% of the restitution money from their arrests (he said they have arrest powers). It sounds alot like bounty hunting to me and I think it might be some kinda sham. It was off a craigslist job add in security so it probably is. Has anyone (maybe someone from DPD) heard of these guys?
    Last edited by corey102; 09-16-2009, 04:21 PM. Reason: type-o

I have never seen this anywhere.

Comment

I've never heard of it either, and I don't really like bounty hunters. I mean, they serve their purpose, and I'm sure they are good at what they do, but I've always felt a need to wash away a bit of slime after dealing with them. That may sound a bit more harsh than I mean it to...

I did a google search for it and the top two results were this forum and the craigslist ad. The craigslist ad has been "flagged for removal." I'll be the first to admit that I'm not up to speed on what it takes to be removed from craigslist, but I'd be interested to know what else you find out.

Comment

I once got sprayed by bounty hunters when they sprayed a dude who was already in a 6 on 1 pile on. I was ****ed.

Comment

well, I'm waiting on a call from DPD. I took my written MCOLES and got an A. I'm just trying to find another job in the meantime to supplement my income. I guess I'll go in for that interview and see what they say. I'm not really too excited about this but im sick of my current junk removal job and god knows how long the DPD process is gonna take.

Comment

Dont get involved in anything that might look bad for you later in life. I know a few guys who where on lists and took jobs as bouncers. To much *** and booze later they both got into drama that held them up somewhat.

Good luck on the hunt.
            "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve, but their interest rarely holds because after the other thing ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue." -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I would probably steer clear of this Metro-Detroit Crimes Stoppers business. There is a Michigan Crimes Stoppers, which operates an anonymous crime tip-line and offers $1,000 rewards for tips to arrests in certain cases however, I'm sure these two are not related.

Like my man said, avoid anything that might get you jammed up or delayed in anyway in the hiring process. If anything, go take a job as a security guard with a legitimate company like Wackenhut or Securitas. Working for a few months as some bounty hunter isn't going to do anything to bolster your resume or make you more appealing.

Comment

yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and take everyones advice and steer clear of that. I dont suppose you fellas would happen to know of any security related jobs that are hiring? I have no clue how much longer the DPD process is going to take, some people have been waiting for months up here, and my current jobs barely getting me 15 hours a week.

Comment

Check out Securitas. They are always hiring.

Comment

apparently that organization (crime stoppers) has a website up...

(http://www.metrodetroitcrimestoppers.webs.com)

Welcome to Metro Detroit Crime Stoppers
                    We are currently in the beginning stages of the website, we apologize for the downtime.
                    Brief Information: MDCS is a Civilian Assist Agency. MDCS assists law enforcement departments in capturing/prosecuting criminals. We only do Felony investigations. We host monthly operations in certain areas. For further questions about the department please email a supervisor at: [email protected]

Comment

I saw the same ad...looks like a pile of poop to me. Now there is an ad where they want you to write a letter to explain why they should hire you and email it some clown at an email address.
                      My OODA Loop: Observe, Over-react, Destroy and Apologize.

Comment

Loss Prevention is the way to go

Not knocking anyone who worked uniform security, I did my share of it when I was fresh out of high school. But get into Loss Prevention. Depending on the company you go with, you will gain a magnitude of experience that will turn over in your L.E. career and you actually have to arrest and process people. Most of the time you have to submit warrant requests and go through the process of having to go to court which helps you when you get into L.E. having no experience of dealing with those processes. Most companies offer great training and opportunities. LP is more fun and you'll meet more people as well. Uniform security you'll get stuck in a marked vehicle or booth staring off into space. In Loss Prevention your sneaking around hunting, trying to out smart shoplifters or conducting surveillances on employees who are doing everything from embezzlement, Identity theft and drug/alcohol use. Just my two cents.

Check this website out. http://lpjobs.com/jobresults.aspx?state=MI
                        Last edited by MICOP078; 09-21-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3127 users online. 178 members and 2949 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X