Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions about MSP Recruitment

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Couple of questions about MSP Recruitment

    Hi,
    I was wondering how often a MSP exam is given, is it true the last one was in 2002?
    Now for some rumor control:
    Is it true that if you fail ANY part of the exam, you are not eligible to become a MSP officer ever? Or is it just the academy?

    Is there a link out on the world wide web where they give you specific exercises, repetitions/times tailored to the MSP Physical test? if not can I get some tips from your experience?

    Thanks officers, you guys do a great job!

  • #2
    Go to masscops.com and ask your question. Also do not ask ANY questions about when the next exam will be. (yes it has been since 2002 since the last exam was given and no one really knows when the next one will be given.) Also make sure you do a search on your questions before you ask them. There are plenty of MA Troopers on that website but no one wants to answer a question that has been asked 1001 times.

    Comment


    • #3
      wow no need for attitude

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 208 View Post
        There are plenty of MA Troopers on that website but no one wants to answer a question that has been asked 1001 times.
        That is typical of MSP troopers. Keep everyone in the dark.

        Stay away from MassCops....bunch of whackers over there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sanford&Son View Post
          That is typical of MSP troopers. Keep everyone in the dark.

          Stay away from MassCops....bunch of whackers over there.
          you are right about whackers on that site but there are 10 times more whackers on this site. And as far as keeping people in the dark its because the Troopers themselves do not know when the next test will be. Its all rumors. No one is trying to be a jerk but the question is asked a million times and the answer is the same. Look on the MSP website for the posting. They haven't held a test in years and it will probably be a year or more until the next one...but that is just speculation on my part. Its not a normal SP agency where tests are held on a semi regular basis. Turnover in MSP is very low so they dont have the retention problems that agencies such as FHP have. It doesn't help that the state is always looking for ways to cut spending.
          Last edited by 208; 06-18-2007, 08:29 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            retention

            Do you think the high level of retention is tied to salary?? Hmmmmmmm

            Comment


            • #7
              [QUOTE=Sanford&Son;902419]That is typical of MSP troopers. Keep everyone in the dark.
              You can bet IF an MSP trooper was on this board and knew the answer, it would be provided...thats the catch, there is no answer. Is that "typical" enough for you?
              ....Remember that courage and strength are naught without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste,look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end. -E. Whymper

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by george4 View Post
                Do you think the high level of retention is tied to salary?? Hmmmmmmm
                LOL you got it....Among other things such as mobility, take home car, insurance benefits, road details, etc..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 208 View Post
                  you are right about whackers on that site but there are 10 times more whackers on this site. And as far as keeping people in the dark its because the Troopers themselves do not know when the next test will be. Its all rumors. No one is trying to be a jerk but the question is asked a million times and the answer is the same. Look on the MSP website for the posting. They haven't held a test in years and it will probably be a year or more until the next one...but that is just speculation on my part. Its not a normal SP agency where tests are held on a semi regular basis. Turnover in MSP is very low so they dont have the retention problems that agencies such as FHP have. It doesn't help that the state is always looking for ways to cut spending.

                  I know there are whackers here too, however, the attiudes the whackers on MassCops have are far worse than here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sanford&Son View Post
                    I know there are whackers here too, however, the attiudes the whackers on MassCops have are far worse than here.
                    Which surprises me because officer.com is a national/international police site v.s. masscops which is more focused on MA and new england. You would thing officer.com would get more a-holes....Then again on masscops it is known to the regular members who is and is not a LEO. We have a few non-LEO's which join in on the BS which is okay. I think you could add up the regular posters and come up with 40 people...maybe less.

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 4392 users online. 309 members and 4083 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X