300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana Question

Got a quick marijuana question. I know recently Massachusetts decriminalized personal use amounts of marijuana a few years ago. I remember a case in Boston, I believe, where the officers detected the odor of burnt marijuana inside a vehicle and later found a rock of crack cocaine. The judge suppressed the evidence found, based off that you could no longer search a vehicle based on the odor of marijuana due to personal use being decriminalized.

Maryland has passed a bill to decriminalize anything less than 10grams and make it a fine. It has not been signed into law yet. I can foresee some legal criminal cases issues coming up if this is passed. My question is, how have you guys been working around searching vehicles for marijuana (obvious drug dealing amount). Not asking loopholes or tricks, but has there been any appeals on the judges decision or any laws passed on that?

Thanx.

Ah your referencing the infamous Comm vs Cruz case. Keep in mind that it applies to the odor of Burnt marijuana only. The odor of raw marijuana on the other hand your still good to go all day long . As far as the burnt odor goes you can still investigate for operator impairment so you can still get driver out for that. ie FST's call for a DRE etc.
    "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6967 users online. 251 members and 6716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X