300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass. gun law ?

Hello to all Mass LEOs out there. I do have a question for you. Are SIg P225 and Sig P226's OK to pocess in your state? The P225 is a single stack 9mm w/ a 8 round magazine. The P226 is 9mm that has a 15 round magazine. I have heard if the hi-cap mag was made before 1994 it is ok to have. Any truth to that? Thank you for your time and watch your six!

Originally posted by sscpd223 View Post
    Hello to all Mass LEOs out there. I do have a question for you. Are SIg P225 and Sig P226's OK to pocess in your state? The P225 is a single stack 9mm w/ a 8 round magazine. The P226 is 9mm that has a 15 round magazine. I have heard if the hi-cap mag was made before 1994 it is ok to have. Any truth to that? Thank you for your time and watch your six!

Do you have a class A license? If you do then possession of said firearms and hi-capacity magazines is permissible. The pre-ban hi-cap nonsense is more relative to dealers. Then again this is the most anti-gun, anti-law enforcement state in the union, so I might not be dead on. A check of the MGLs online at mass.gov is recommended..
    surly?? screw you....

Comment

SSCPD - If you have a class A LTC, then the P225 and P226 are legal to possess. I myself have a 226 chambered for .357SIG. The stipulation is that if you buy it new it must conform to several guidelines, notably: 1.) A "loaded chamber" indicator (basically a notch cut into the breech that allows one to see if there is a round in the chamber without racking the slide, 2.) A magazine capacity of 10 or less (if purchased brand spankin' new), and 3.) It must be kept in a closed and locked container when not under your direct control, be it in your home, vehicle, etc. Hope this helps!

Comment

Best place for info on mass guns laws is:

http://www.goal.org/
        - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am a fed leo with recent granted class a unrestricted and I am interested in getting an ar-15 for training/recreation etc. I believe that as leos with this LTC-A unrestricted we can own high cap mags(30 rnd) for such a weapon system. Can we also own collapsable stocks, flash supressor as well? Also, what about transport from state to state, e.g. driving to NH from MA? I spoke with some of my guys at my agency and many are from out of state and I am getting different advice and opinions. I am new to all of this so any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by DJDeceptakon View Post
            Hi Everyone,

I am a fed leo with recent granted class a unrestricted and I am interested in getting an ar-15 for training/recreation etc. I believe that as leos with this LTC-A unrestricted we can own high cap mags(30 rnd) for such a weapon system.
            Technically, you can only legally own department/agency issued hi-cap mags, not personally purchased, even as an LEO, unless the mags are pre-ban. Anyone can own pre-ban high caps. In reality, though, no one will care what mags you have unless you commit a felony.

Can we also own collapsable stocks, flash supressor as well?
            Only if the rifle is department issued or privately purchased specifically for duty use. If it's just a personally owned rifle it must comply with the state AWB regulations (no bayonet lug, no flash suppressor, fixed stock only)

Also, what about transport from state to state, e.g. driving to NH from MA?
            New Hampshire has substantially more lax gun laws, so you'd be fine driving to NH with your rifle.

I spoke with some of my guys at my agency and many are from out of state and I am getting different advice and opinions. I am new to all of this so any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance and be safe.
            My replies are in red. I know WAAAAY too much about MA firearms law. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Also, check out www.northeastshooters.com for a ton of info on the in's and out's of firearm issues in MA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6966 users online. 251 members and 6715 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X