Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little bit of background a good thing?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of background a good thing?

Wondering, who here thinks that having a little bit of rowdiness in your background makes you a better cop? I have seen a lot of people that are a recruiter's dream with a spotless background make really horrible cops for the simple fact that they are extremely oblivious when it comes to many things. In my experience people who have never experienced things like drug use, drunken driving, the occassional bar fight are many times not able to perform at the job well because they dont understand those crimes or the people that commit them. What do you think?

You trying to convince us or your recruiter

Comment

Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
      You trying to convince us or your recruiter
      Too late, I already have a job and have no plans on applying elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RodeDawg View Post
        In my experience people who have never experienced things like drug use, drunken driving, the occassional bar fight are many times not able to perform at the job well because they dont understand those crimes or the people that commit them. What do you think?
        You sound like Alonzo in Training Day.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I agree with you RodeDawg, I'm in sort of the same position you describe. I'm older than most guys going out for police jobs (trying a career change) and I've been around the block a little. Nothing too bad, but at least if I get punched in the face on a call, that won't be the first time that's happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2779 users online. 155 members and 2624 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X