300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPD Question

I have a quick question about BPD...after the academy is one automatically assigned a foot patrol in one of the less than desirable locations of the city?? Also can any member of the department PM me..thanks

Bump for this message, as I would like to know the same.

Comment

Thanks. I guess typing yes or no is too much of a hassle for you. Thanks for your time well spent.

Comment

I would call recruiting and inquire all questions there, honestly.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I heard some of the class does while the other half goes to the district.

Comment

Originally posted by kirts410
            i dont know the answer smart a** , ur lucky u got anything at all so call the number and be thankfull or dont call the number and dont get ur question answered at all . ur welcome by the way
            With all due respect, if you didn't know the answer, why would you even reply? I'm sure he knew he could call recruiting but since this is a forum where officers and perspective officers can and do communicate, it seems like it would just make sense to ask here. That IS what this forum is for right? And thats a rhetorical question since the answer is yes, as one can determine by doing a simple search on the topics in this section...

Testy, testy...

Comment

Call recruitment because they seem to base everything off of how you explain it or what exactly happened.

Comment

i dont know the answer smart a** , ur lucky u got anything at all so call the number and be thankfull or dont call the number and dont get ur question answered at all . ur welcome by the way

Ha. Let me give you a lesson in basic sentence structure. We start all of our sentences with a capital letter. For example A,B,C. Ur, is not a word. I believe that the "ur" that you typed was meant to translate into "you're" which means you are. Which is a second grade conjunction.Thankfull is actually spelled thankful. The conjunction don't, which you spelt as dont is incorrect. By the way we used periods (.) to end our sentences.

So you response should have been. I don't know the answer smart a**. You're lucky you got anything at all. So call the number and be thankful, or don't call the number and don't get your question answered at all. Your welcome by the way.

I understand you are upset with me. Thats fine you aren't the first person. I know grade school sentence structure is a hard thing to wrap your head around. I hope my subtle corrections guide you in your quest to find a law enforcement career.

But that is just me. By the way I still have 19 months left in the Army so I am not too concerned with the answer at the moment. Although I called BPD recruitment about 2 years ago to inquire about BPD. While I was on my mid-tour leave from Iraq, I also conducted a ride along with BPD and was told I would be an easy hire due to my clean record and military experience. So if you are having trouble finding a law enforcement career PM me and I will be more then happy to help you find a job in the military.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Comment

Comment

i would re-think a LE job if ur worries are being on foot patrol or assigned to a car .
                    I have done foot patrols in places you have only see on TV, and newspapers. I have patroled thousands of miles on the most dangerous highway in the world. MSR Tampa. And I should rethink a LE job for myself.

I have spent 18 years of my life in Baltimore. So I am not worried about walking foot on North Ave. But by the looks of your size which is about 6'2'' and 185lbs, I would worry. By the way I heard them North Ave guys love white boys from Dundalk, so watch your rear.

Yes, I have been through 2 divorces and I am only 22. I have made my mistakes and have learned from them. I also realize that I put that information on a public forum, but I also believe it was quite childish of you to throw it in my face like that. I think somebody does not have the ability to pull his own weight in an adult disagreement, so felt the need to go personal.

The sentence structure lesson I gave you was to possibly enlighten you. If you are going to be LE and you put the word "ur, u, dont, thankfull ect" in a report it is going to make you look like an idiot. Now I realize that I have typed in a more informal way in my previous posts. That being so, I am in no official capacity to declare you an idiot but my advice is don't put yourself out there to look like an idiot and I will not have to correct you in the fashion which I did.

In summary, you shouldn't make assumptions based off of a question I was semi interested in finding the answer to. For example "i would re-think a LE job if ur worries are being on foot patrol or assigned to a car." Because you just may not know where certain individuals have patrolled in the past. Wait a minute you work in a warehouse. Why am I wasting my time explaining things to you? All you understand is boxes and sweeping floors.

Once again you (kirts410) have a great day.

Comment

[QUOTE=kirts410;1351457] by the way HERE are some of ur post with errors in them , guess not everyone is perfect are they ??? QUOTE]

Kirts when you are right, I will admit it. You are absolutely correct, some of my previous posts are in bad shape. But my mistakes are tiny. *** actually means a**, but I am sure you knew that. Froma actually means "from a" I had what I would like to call a spacerbar malfunction. These are quite common in life and have probably happened to you every now and then. Atleast is just another victim of the spacebar malfunction.

I hope my mistakes, which most people would consider insignificant did not cause permanent damage to your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by huntin4audirs6 View Post
                        I have done foot patrols in places you have only see on TV, and newspapers. I have patroled thousands of miles on the most dangerous highway in the world. MSR Tampa. And I should rethink a LE job for myself.

I have spent 18 years of my life in Baltimore. So I am not worried about walking foot on North Ave. But by the looks of your size which is about 6'2'' and 185lbs, I would worry. By the way I heard them North Ave guys love white boys from Dundalk, so watch your rear.

Yes, I have been through 2 divorces and I am only 22. I have made my mistakes and have learned from them. [B]I also realize that I put that information on a public forum, but I also believe it was quite childish of you to throw it in my face like that. I think somebody does not have the ability to pull his own weight in an adult disagreement, so felt the need to go personal.

The sentence structure lesson I gave you was to possibly enlighten you. If you are going to be LE and you put the word "ur, u, dont, thankfull ect" in a report it is going to make you look like an idiot. Now I realize that I have typed in a more informal way in my previous posts. That being so, I am in no official capacity to declare you an idiot but my advice is don't put yourself out there to look like an idiot and I will not have to correct you in the fashion which I did.

In summary, you shouldn't make assumptions based off of a question I was semi interested in finding the answer to. For example "i would re-think a LE job if ur worries are being on foot patrol or assigned to a car." Because you just may not know where certain individuals have patrolled in the past. Wait a minute you work in a warehouse. Why am I wasting my time explaining things to you? All you understand is boxes and sweeping floors.

Once again you (kirts410) have a great day.
                        This whole thread is quite childish!

Comment

the person who said that half goes to foot, is correct. it is usually alphabetical, a-h usually gets foot for 2-6 months. this is up to command, though, and can change at any time.

had to edit this because i spoke with a recent grad yesterday. she said that most people a-c got foot, but then they started skipping around and she ended up on foot with a "P" last name.
                          Last edited by jvegas; 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                            the person who said that half goes to foot, is correct. it is usually alphabetical, a-h usually gets foot for 2-6 months. this is up to command, though, and can change at any time.
                            ME ME ME ME!!!!! What do I win!!!

Comment

Thanks for the response jvegas. Did you graduate the academy yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5889 users online. 347 members and 5542 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X