300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug MdTA academy

who else here is processing for this class? I mainly started this to track when people receive their letters.

I'm thinking about going to MD and applying for the MDTA, would you mind telling me about this agency? What are their main responsibilities? Do they take out of state applicants?
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

There are several threads about MdTA in the MD section. You may want to do some searchs and you should find a lot of information. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Basically they are the agency thats responsible for the tunnels, airport, port, and a few bridges. They do accept out of state applicants.

Any other questions?

Comment

so in essence for us NJ/NY guys it would be equalivant of the Port Authority Police..

Comment

not sure what the NY port authority does. MdTA Police basically provide service and safety to people traveling via Marylands vital sources (para-phrased from the Chief's mission statemen). also patrol the port of bmore and the world trade center. they contract i95 to MSP, but it has been RUMORED for a while that MdTA may take i95 back. 2nd largest state agency in MD, 7th largest agency in the state, and the only nationally acredited agency in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by JayMan2006 View Post
            so in essence for us NJ/NY guys it would be equalivant of the Port Authority Police..
            Yes. The MdTA Police patrol Maryland's Bridge and Tunnel Thruways, the Ports of Baltimore, and Baltimore/Washington International Airport. Over 500 uniformed members with numerous specialized units, including HEAT, Marine, CRU, DRE, Motors, CVSU, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
              and the only nationally acredited agency in the state.
              Nationally Accredited by who? I believe there are others in the state who are recognized by CALEA..
              "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

Comment

Originally posted by JT in MD View Post
                Nationally Accredited by who? I believe there are others in the state who are recognized by CALEA..

Our police force is the only nationally accredited, statewide law enforcement agency in Maryland. It is comprised of over 450 sworn officers and more than 100 civilian employees. We are the second largest State law enforcement agency and the seventh largest law enforcement agency in the State of Maryland.

unless i am reading that wrong.

Comment

Our police force is the only nationally accredited, statewide law enforcement agency in Maryland. It is comprised of over 450 sworn officers and more than 100 civilian employees. We are the second largest State law enforcement agency and the seventh largest law enforcement agency in the State of Maryland.

unless i am reading that wrong.

They are the only statewide agency that is accredited, but not the only accredited agency in the state. There are a bunch of other accredited agencies in MD.
                  Last edited by JJS; 07-05-2007, 09:50 AM.
                  I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

Comment

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the aug academy, couldnt of done it without the help from everyone on this site.

Comment

August 1

Has anyone heard from the MdTA yet, the academy is coming up?

Comment

yah, i got my letter... didnt get in. not dq.

Comment

yah, i got my letter... didnt get in. not dq.
                          Sorry to hear that. You applying anywhere else? Keep trying!

Comment

I heard a rumor somewhere that the academy was cut in half due to the good ole govenor. Anyone know or hear the same thing? It's something that wouldn't suprise me that's for sure.

Comment

only 28 were hired
                              Last edited by jvegas; 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3105 users online. 136 members and 2969 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X