Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here applying for b-more county?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    Baltimore County seems like a great outfit, despite some of the 20 year old (historic) lightbars are bigger than the cars.
    Thats classic! Don't forget the old jeep cherokees as well. Some of them have those lightbars on them. At least I have seen some new low profile strobes on alot more of their cars.
    Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

    Comment


    • #17
      Hey, the lightbar on my Impala is pretty huge. See for yourself!! It's the 90's version rotator... lol the other 2 impalas (old paint scheme, used as pool cars) have the same bar, but the rest of our fleet (Crown Vics) have the slim "Trooper" style LEDs.

      I
      I
      I
      I
      V
      Last edited by jchughes05; 11-07-2007, 08:54 AM. Reason: additions
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

      I Am the Sheepdog.


      "And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Their vehicles are in some pretty bad shape. They are starting to get some new Crown Vics outfitted with new LED lightgbars. Also their K9 units just got new Tahoes/Surbabans (not sure which) that look really nice. From my perspective equipment usually isn't on the top of Baltimore County's list of worries or budget.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JDougal View Post
          Their vehicles are in some pretty bad shape. They are starting to get some new Crown Vics outfitted with new LED lightgbars. Also their K9 units just got new Tahoes/Surbabans (not sure which) that look really nice. From my perspective equipment usually isn't on the top of Baltimore County's list of worries or budget.
          There are some politics that come into play with the budget (what large department doesnt beside some counties that start with the letter H).

          From what I've seen for the most part if it's a safety issue it gets replaced. Big light bars that arent stylish really doesnt require to be replaced as long as they light up and rotate. Not to mention most of the cars with the lightbars and a ton of miles arent used for patrol they are used for SRO's and what not.

          I for one would be more concerned with an out dated CAD system, crappy radios, and a lack of man power before being worried with lightbars. Lucky for the counties it appears they have the same mindset as I do as they are attempting to fix those issues.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
            Any knowledge on why this is? Could it be the thought of, "they left their department to come here, what's to say they do the same with us?" kinda mindset? Baltimore County seems like a great outfit, despite some of the 20 year old (historic) lightbars are bigger than the cars.
            The biggest reason I've heard is because the new Cheif doesnt like laterals. He wants to get police officers and train them as "their own" without any of the "bad habits'' that we develop over time.

            Comment


            • #21
              Update!!! The December class as you know is full and the next academy class is in June 08
              "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DPS55 View Post
                Update!!! The December class as you know is full and the next academy class is in June 08
                I dont know if there is a ton of truth to this or not. I'm not doubting you or calling you a liar but they've been known to "hire" people for the class 2-5 days before it's start date.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The recruitment staff told me last tues, when I turned in my PHS, that the Dec class is full. They also said that they were also stopping the walk-in testing until January, because they have more apps than they can handle right now. They also said to not expect to be processed anytime soon (maybe for June 08).

                  I did have an BoCo officer tell me recently that the current class has about 60 recruits still in it, so that seems to me that they may be hiring more than the standard 50 per class.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by audio View Post
                    The recruitment staff told me last tues, when I turned in my PHS, that the Dec class is full. They also said that they were also stopping the walk-in testing until January, because they have more apps than they can handle right now. They also said to not expect to be processed anytime soon (maybe for June 08).

                    I did have an BoCo officer tell me recently that the current class has about 60 recruits still in it, so that seems to me that they may be hiring more than the standard 50 per class.
                    thats the same day I turned mines in. Good luck
                    "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by audio View Post
                      The recruitment staff told me last tues, when I turned in my PHS, that the Dec class is full. They also said that they were also stopping the walk-in testing until January, because they have more apps than they can handle right now. They also said to not expect to be processed anytime soon (maybe for June 08).

                      I did have an BoCo officer tell me recently that the current class has about 60 recruits still in it, so that seems to me that they may be hiring more than the standard 50 per class.
                      It started with 74 I think and currently still has 60 (last I heard).

                      The one prior I think graudated 37 or so if I recall.

                      The dec. classes usually arent as full as the June classes for some reason.

                      Good luck none the less.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DPS55 View Post
                        thats the same day I turned mines in. Good luck
                        Thanks. Same to you!

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 4142 users online. 254 members and 3888 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X