Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here applying for b-more county?

anybody here in the process for baltimore county? i just sent them my application - any tips or advice?
    d

Originally posted by dwhite725 View Post
    anybody here in the process for baltimore county? i just sent them my application - any tips or advice?
    d
    Honesty... Thats the best advise that anyone can give you. Don't omit anything, NOTHING.

If there is a specific question that you need answered, shoot.

Good luck.
    Stay safe.... or stay home.

Comment

definitely plan on honesty, are they known to be extra strict on certain things? if so, which things? i've worked quite a number of jobs the last couple years - been self employed on and off for the last three and worked another job steady for about 7 months - whaddya think? that a big deal?

Comment

definitely plan on honesty, are they known to be extra strict on certain things? if so, which things? i've worked quite a number of jobs the last couple years - been self employed on and off for the last three and worked another job steady for about 7 months - whaddya think? that a big deal?

I know that emplyoment stability is somthing that is looked at. However its not the end all be all. As long as your work history looks stable or atleast reflects mature decision making that youll be fine.

Things like getting fired, written up, or quiting without notice are the things that raise flags. Its just an issue of past performance indicating future behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
          What type of schedule does BCPD work?

How does station assignment work?

Thanks
          With a few possible exceptions, but none that I am aware of, patrol works 2 weeks 6-2, 2 weeks 2-10 and a permanent midnight shift.

Generally they try and place you at least on the same side of town as where you are living. Towards the end of the academy, you can put in for the top 3 precincts that you would like to work.

Based on the precinct staffing needs, ie: pc 1 only needs 4 officers and 7 apply, they generally try and go from highest class rank to fill those positions first.

This may have changed from my academy days, so don't hold me to it.

Comment

d
            Just be honest and polite during the whole thing. It's not a bad habbit to get into the Sr./Mam thing early.

Comment

Originally posted by kirts410
              I filled out an application last oct and now I can't find where to print one out at . I went to the baltimore county website and tried to fill it out online . But if anybody could get a link to where I can print one out than take it to towson myself that would be great . Thanks
              Read this...
              http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Age...n_testing.html

Comment

Originally posted by kirts410
                Ok cool . I just tried calling and I guess everybody is home for the day . Thanks a lot . I just thought it was weird that its almost impossible to find the ap online . Once again thanks .
                If you want, you can respond to a county precinct and ask the desk officer for an application. They should have one behind the desk for you. You may wish to call ahead to verify they have one there before you head out.

Bring your license with you.

Comment

Last edited by jchughes05; 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM. Reason: delete
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                    Curious, does Balto Co PD hire laterals (MPCTC cert.)?

Just wondering.
                    I'd call recruitment....all I can say is goodluck.

Comment

We had a lateral in my class, but he had to go through the full 6-months with everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                        Curious, does Balto Co PD hire laterals (MPCTC cert.)?

Just wondering.
                        They do not do lateral classes, if you go throught the whole academy as one person stated, you are not a lateral. I talked to recruitment about this. They answer was and I quote: "No we do not take laterals. Our Chief does not like hiring them."

Which sucks, cause my brother works for them and I'd love to work for them as well. Don't really want to go through another academy (unless its MSP). Oh well!!
                        Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Same here...one academy is enough!! And I'm MPCTC certified to boot!
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                          that we are all that stands between
                          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

They use to take laterals, they are basically on a "freeze" right now because the new Chief doesnt like them. TRUST ME, there was about 200 or so people that had phone calls into Baltimore County from the city, but thats been placed on hold. Hopefully things will change, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                              They use to take laterals, they are basically on a "freeze" right now because the new Chief doesnt like them. TRUST ME, there was about 200 or so people that had phone calls into Baltimore County from the city, but thats been placed on hold. Hopefully things will change, you never know.
                              Any knowledge on why this is? Could it be the thought of, "they left their department to come here, what's to say they do the same with us?" kinda mindset? Baltimore County seems like a great outfit, despite some of the 20 year old (historic) lightbars are bigger than the cars.
                              "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6119 users online. 370 members and 5749 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X