X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Examiner

Review this article...
    http://www.examiner.com/a-770043~Cou...ng%20woes.html

The Baltimore Examiner has taken upon itself to post the name and yearly salary of employees in corrections, fire and dispatch.

I won't even let my dog poop on this rag of a newspaper.
    Stay safe.... or stay home.

Prior to that article this they published the same information for the entire Baltimore Police Department. (although its accuracy was disputed by various sources). Anyhow, such information is fairly easily and legally acquired through a Freedom of Information Act.

Comment

I'm applying to BCO 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Kashihara View Post
        Prior to that article this they published the same information for the entire Baltimore Police Department. (although its accuracy was disputed by various sources). Anyhow, such information is fairly easily and legally acquired through a Freedom of Information Act.
        I understand that it is easily aquired, however I question the responsibility and necessity of a "major" newspaper publishing the information.

They could have had the same effect without the employees names. What was the purpose of having that displayed?
        Stay safe.... or stay home.

Comment

Well obviously it was to "expose" those who are "abusing" the BPD overtime with great impunity in the hopes they they'll come under greater scrutiny. I think the Examiner wants the city and county citizens to thank them for shining the light in the darkness of such abusive practices

I think its a rotten thing to do, personally but many newspapers do this on the West coast in the name of accountability and because they can frankly. But throw some figures at the public, most of whom do not understand the nature of civic, public safety and law enforcement work and they'll get up in arms (and continue reading) which is what the Examiner wants more than anything. But the names of any public safety/LEO are readily readable on their right breast, right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6157 users online. 344 members and 5813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X