300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland - Intelligence / Information Sharing

This is not spam. I am a current volunteer firefighter/paramedic in Howard County, MD and Federal Law Enforcement Officer in Washington, DC.

ATTENTION: MARYLAND PUBLIC SAFETY PERSONNEL

I am currently working toward completion of my doctoral dissertation and have focused my research on the barriers which inhibit the sharing of homeland security information. My chosen topic isn't likely a surprise, as most know I am passionate about information sharing and its potential to allow for effective and safe(er) response to critical incidents.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could take a few minutes and complete an anonymous survey of public safety personnel working within the State of Maryland. Please feel free to forward this survey to others - simply share the weblink below.

What is my background?

Throughout my 30-year career in public safety, I’ve operated as a firefighter, emergency medical technician, paramedic, law enforcement officer, educator, supervisor, and manager. I remain active within the volunteer fire service of Howard County, MD and work within a federal law enforcement agency based in Washington, DC.

Why am I completing this research?

Intelligence relevant to public safety organizations includes existing threats, as well as emerging hazards that the public safety community may encounter in the future. However, this information is often not provided, or made accessible to frontline responders of different types, from the police officer in their cruiser, officer in charge of a team of firefighters, or paramedic assigned to an ambulance. This research will help to identify the barriers that prevent information sharing and uncover opportunities to overcome them. In doing so, I believe we can better enhance the safety and security of those tasked with responding to critical incidents.

If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact me directly at [email protected].

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated, thank you all very much.

Stay Safe,
    David

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2446 users online. 121 members and 2325 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X