Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the MD comparative compliance course.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the MD comparative compliance course.

Hey, what is the class like? Like, are the test hard? Also, where do they have the classes at and such? Lastly, how long is the class generally? Thanks in advance

Comparative compliance classes are conducted at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions academy and the Prince George's Community College Municipal Academy. The Commission's comparative compliance class scheduled for later this year runs four to five weeks. That could vary depending upon the Maryland General Assembly's micromanagement of MPCTC's training standards. There may be other academies that also offer comparative compliance.

I won't say comparative compliance is easy, but I doubt you're mistake the class for Maryland State Police recruit training.

Other agencies may have lateral entry classes for their own out-of-state laterals. These will usually be longer as they want to get the laterals up to speed on their policies, procedures, and other standards rather than just meeting MPCTC minimums.

You might also reach out to the WMATA Metro Transit Police. Their officers are certified in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. As I recall, their officers attended the recruit academy at the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Center and then attended add-on training for D.C. and Maryland certification. I don't know if MTP sends officers outside for Maryland comparative compliance or conducts that training in-house.
    John from Maryland

Comment

I was asking in regards to a lateral from “out of state” in my case, DC police. I’m in the process of MD park police and I was just curious as to what to expect. I heard it’s like a month long.

Comment

Maryland-National Capital Park Police does not have its own academy (as I'm sure you know), so I suspect PGCC or Sykesville is in your future. It seems some laterals from my former agency went to about seven weeks of training, but that's been several years. The 2021 Sykesville class is about a month according to the on-line catalogue.
        John from Maryland

Comment

Thank you john from Maryland for the information

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2916 users online. 144 members and 2772 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X