300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about comparative complaince

I am from NJ and will be receiving my Class II Special Police Officer certification in 2 months. When I graduate, I will be a volunteer law enforcement officer with a Sheriff's Dept up here. My question is, does MD require that you be a full time officer in order to be eligible for the comparative compliance academy? My academy class was 28 weeks, 3 nights and Saturday all day every week. When working, well...volunteering, we have all the powers of a fully sworn officer. Traffic stops, tickets, arrests...all that j***. Would I be eligible for this? Thanks guys.

Probably, yes. However, you would want to check with MPTC to be sure. It's going to depend on the total number of hours and how they plug them in.
    Best Regards,
    Zebra 305
    "Shots fired, shots fired..get me some goddam cars up here now!"
    Typical Henry Sector PG County radio traffic, circa 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by zebra305 View Post
      Probably, yes. However, you would want to check with MPTC to be sure. It's going to depend on the total number of hours and how they plug them in.
      Yeah...I'm going to give them a call. Can any agency do this or do only certain departments do the waiver?

Comment

Originally posted by rtpd151 View Post
        I am from NJ and will be receiving my Class II Special Police Officer certification in 2 months. When I graduate, I will be a volunteer law enforcement officer with a Sheriff's Dept up here. My question is, does MD require that you be a full time officer in order to be eligible for the comparative compliance academy? My academy class was 28 weeks, 3 nights and Saturday all day every week. When working, well...volunteering, we have all the powers of a fully sworn officer. Traffic stops, tickets, arrests...all that j***. Would I be eligible for this? Thanks guys.
        Yes and no. The specific agency that will hire you will have to see if your Vol. experience will count with them or not. Yes MPTC may waive you and allow you to do the Com/Compliance. Each LE agency is different in Maryland and some allow experience from other agencies/states, and some don't. However, best bet is to call.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5867 users online. 327 members and 5540 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X