300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Msp Superintendent

Just found out today that the msp will be getting a new superintendent today. Is colonel "Hutch" resigning or being forced out and if so why? The new super will be from Baltimore County. dont know much about him only that he is well respected and liked and has been there for 11 years.. I dont know if that means changes could be coming for state being that Maryland is in a budget crunch. I hope this class doent get effected.. If anyone ahs more info please share

I've heard this rumor also.

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...home-headlines

Comment

I wonder if this will delay class 130 from starting on june 25??

Comment

Hopefully he will right the ship!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like this:

"The state police agency has an annual budget of $313 million and a staff of 2,500. The Baltimore County Police Department has a budget of about $290 million and a staff of 2,500. "

Un informed readers would assume MSP is well funded and could do with even less money...

Lets not forget about the aviation unit, all the specialized units, and barracks all over the state. The statement paints the wrong picture.

Comment

You guys do know that he is a former state trooper right?

I doubt there will be a ton of cuts. He's pretty well liked/respected from where he came from.

People are always afraid of change and that's understandable. I dont think anyone would logicaly compare the countys budget to MSP as they are much larger in area they have to cover. Heck with fuel alone these days that cuts into a HUGE part of the budget.

None the less like every other APPOINTED position there is ALWAYS some degree of politics. Good luck.

Comment

well i guess if we dont get a phone call or a letter before june 8th(final offer day) i guess its safe to assume the class should still be on. one rumor i did hear is that they were considering taking away take home vehicles to save money because of the out of control fuel costs. truthfully i dont know how much money it will save but like i said before it was only a rumor..

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn020
                It would save some money on gas, but it would cost time and repairs for maintanence dept. Generally speaking people take good care of their take home vehicles... Clean it regualrly, check oil, etc... Not to mention that people do not share cars. So there is no removing and adding equipment everytime you work and generally speaking police depts. and officers are happy with take home car programs. In my opinion, it is best to have the takehome car program... Less wear and tear on the cars from people not taking good care of them and lots of Troopers pride themselves on keeping their cars clean and in good order.
                Some departments assign a PPV, however it's not a take home.
                "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

has anyone heard if or what kind of changes the maryland state police can expect from the new colonel?

Comment

i was told by a trooper i keep in contact with that the gov. is talking about taking state police take home vehicles away. It hasnt happedned yet and right now its just talk but how do you guys feel about this?

Comment

Originally posted by bkryder28 View Post
                      i was told by a trooper i keep in contact with that the gov. is talking about taking state police take home vehicles away. It hasnt happedned yet and right now its just talk but how do you guys feel about this?
                      If take home cars are taken away thats going suck big time especially since alot of troopers are at barricks that are far from their homes. I know they have been talking about that for a while now i just hope it doesnt happen.

Comment

I've been hearing these rumors for awhile now as well. What do you think the backlash will be for them being taken away? I know they are a extra benefit and not guaranteed but still what do you see the aftermath being. Like said above a lot of troopers live no where near their barracks.

Comment

Outcome?

Well MSP is already several hundred troopers under staff. They lose more troopers every year then they replace (that has been going on for awhile) The pay is not comparable to many local agencies in the state. Their pay is far under other state police agencies close in proximity to MD. They endure the most bs out of all agencies in MD during training. MSP has told troopers that if they want adequate lighting in unmarked vehicles that they can go buy it with their personal money. Overall the distance traveled to and from the workplace are greater then other agencies in MD. Put 2and 2 together on what would happen if they got rid of the take home program.

MSP is a great agency however a lot of negative has been going on, and it is just swept under the rug. Its about time something positive is done to take care of the Troopers who bust their humps day in day out.
                          Last edited by Terp22; 06-05-2007, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4814 View Post
                            If take home cars are taken away thats going suck big time especially since alot of troopers are at barricks that are far from their homes. I know they have been talking about that for a while now i just hope it doesnt happen.

I was thinking the samething and then I guess Troopers would have to go to the barracks for role call. The take home car was one of this things I was looking forward to. I hope this rumor will not come to pass.
                            If God is before me, who can stand against me!
                            I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

Comment

According to the Trooper's Association, there is no substance to the rumors. Read the first few lines in the May newsletter on their website. Hopefully with the new Colonel being from MSP back in the day, it'll stay that way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4889 users online. 293 members and 4596 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X