Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zebra305
    replied
    Ha! I know the Bowie Deputy Chief....he was one of my rookies about a million years ago!

LOL.

Good on him.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by PG Dredd View Post
    Yeah, they have nice equipment, new cars with (I think) MSP-style LED light bars and Tuff-Books inside. The one I saw, anyway.

I heard they are going to be sending guys through PG's municipal academy shortly, but everyone they have now are lateral's. Like I said, this is all rumors, basically. I have never spoken with one of thier officers.
    Bowie hired all laterals and one rookie fresh out the academy. Hyattsville I believe lost 5 officers to Bowie. Edmonston just lost 5 of 6 officers (including the chief) to District Heights and Bowie. Seems like now is the time to get those apps in for those wanting a career in policing.

Leave a comment:

• PG Dredd
    replied
    Yeah, they have nice equipment, new cars with (I think) MSP-style LED light bars and Tuff-Books inside. The one I saw, anyway.

I heard they are going to be sending guys through PG's municipal academy shortly, but everyone they have now are lateral's. Like I said, this is all rumors, basically. I have never spoken with one of thier officers.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by steve06 View Post
    they are new cars
    '07 Chevy Impala's if i'm not mistaken. The color scheme isn't too bad, it doesn't jump out and grab you, but better than some others i've seen.

Leave a comment:

• steve06
    replied
    they are new cars

Leave a comment:

• jvegas
    replied
    not really sure.

Leave a comment:

• JDougal
    replied
    Where they newer vehicles or did they purchase used fleet cars?

Leave a comment:

• jvegas
    replied
    sorry, poor choice of words... just didnt like anything about the color scheme, etc...

Leave a comment:

• johnnyReb
    replied
    Originally posted by jvegas View Post
    i saw a bowie pd car yesterday. pretty pathetic looking.
    What exactly was so "pathetic" looking about it?

Leave a comment:

• jvegas
    replied
    i saw a bowie pd car yesterday. pretty pathetic looking.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by JDougal View Post
    Oh please don't get me started on how retarded that entire situation is, in my opinion ofcourse.

Does Bowie PD have a website?
    If you want to call it that... here is the link......

http://www.cityofbowie.org/Police/police_dept_main.htm

Leave a comment:

• JDougal
    replied
    Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    Bowie is now I want to say 14 strong? I think? They just hit the streets a couple months ago.

City of College Park, is still in the "thinking" stages of whether, or not to start their own department. If they do, should be quite interesting.
    Oh please don't get me started on how retarded that entire situation is, in my opinion ofcourse.

Does Bowie PD have a website?
    Last edited by JDougal; 05-30-2007, 07:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty79 View Post
    My friend loves it. He says the Chief and higher-ups are great. He convinced me to apply, too. It's supposed to eventually be a big dept. compared to most municipalities in MD.
    Yeah, 60 strong. Up there with Rockville and Gaithersburg PD's. I've been hearing nothing, but good things about Chief Perez. We'll see how things go when the dust settles.

Leave a comment:

• smitty79
    replied
    My friend loves it. He says the Chief and higher-ups are great. He convinced me to apply, too. It's supposed to eventually be a big dept. compared to most municipalities in MD.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
    Thanks Smitty....from the way people were talking back then, it sounded like it would be a great agency, although I don't know if that is the case now that its formed. I hear there is a lot of politics in the city of Bowie (residents and government) so who knows what the job would be like.
    Bowie is now I want to say 14 strong? I think? They just hit the streets a couple months ago.

City of College Park, is still in the "thinking" stages of whether, or not to start their own department. If they do, should be quite interesting.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4437 users online. 276 members and 4161 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X