300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowie PD

Anyone gone thourgh the process with them. What is there process like. What is there physical abilities test, do they have a oral board or a one on one with the chief. Any info would be appreciated.

Did Bowie finally form the agency? Last year I heard a bunch of officers talking about it and were planning to apply....then it all just went away and I do not hear Bowie mentioned anymore.

Comment

I have a friend who works for them. He said that as of right now, there is currently no physical abilities test, but they are mainly taking laterals until they have enough experienced officers. He also said that they plan on putting at least a few through the academy after their next round of lateral hires, which will apparently be sometime in the fall...

Comment

Thanks Smitty....from the way people were talking back then, it sounded like it would be a great agency, although I don't know if that is the case now that its formed. I hear there is a lot of politics in the city of Bowie (residents and government) so who knows what the job would be like.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
          Thanks Smitty....from the way people were talking back then, it sounded like it would be a great agency, although I don't know if that is the case now that its formed. I hear there is a lot of politics in the city of Bowie (residents and government) so who knows what the job would be like.
          Bowie is now I want to say 14 strong? I think? They just hit the streets a couple months ago.

City of College Park, is still in the "thinking" stages of whether, or not to start their own department. If they do, should be quite interesting.
          "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My friend loves it. He says the Chief and higher-ups are great. He convinced me to apply, too. It's supposed to eventually be a big dept. compared to most municipalities in MD.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty79 View Post
              My friend loves it. He says the Chief and higher-ups are great. He convinced me to apply, too. It's supposed to eventually be a big dept. compared to most municipalities in MD.
              Yeah, 60 strong. Up there with Rockville and Gaithersburg PD's. I've been hearing nothing, but good things about Chief Perez. We'll see how things go when the dust settles.
              "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
                Bowie is now I want to say 14 strong? I think? They just hit the streets a couple months ago.

City of College Park, is still in the "thinking" stages of whether, or not to start their own department. If they do, should be quite interesting.
                Oh please don't get me started on how retarded that entire situation is, in my opinion ofcourse.

Does Bowie PD have a website?
                Last edited by JDougal; 05-30-2007, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDougal View Post
                  Oh please don't get me started on how retarded that entire situation is, in my opinion ofcourse.

Does Bowie PD have a website?
                  If you want to call it that... here is the link......

http://www.cityofbowie.org/Police/police_dept_main.htm

Comment

i saw a bowie pd car yesterday. pretty pathetic looking.

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                      i saw a bowie pd car yesterday. pretty pathetic looking.
                      What exactly was so "pathetic" looking about it?

Comment

sorry, poor choice of words... just didnt like anything about the color scheme, etc...

Comment

Where they newer vehicles or did they purchase used fleet cars?

Comment

not really sure.

Comment

they are new cars

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4127 users online. 293 members and 3834 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X