300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne Arundel County comparative complaince

Anyone else get a conditional offer of employment for a June 28th start date?

Originally posted by bluep7 View Post
    no, but congrats to you

Comment

Originally posted by bluep7 View Post

No, but what are the requirements to be accepted into the comparative compliance program? Do you have to be MPTC, and/or have a certain amount of police service?

Comment

Nobodys got anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BatistaZ28 View Post
          Nobodys got anything?
          i would imagine that you would need to be mpctc certified to be employed with any MD agency.

Comment

Originally posted by BatistaZ28 View Post
            Nobodys got anything?
            To go to a compairitive complaince academy you have to be MPCTC certified already or be from a state that meets the compairative compliance minimun standards. Ususally you have to have between a year and two years experience, however the experience requirment vaires.

Comment

compliance

Does FLETC mixed basic count?? I read somewhere that some USCP folks have lateraled over to Anne Arundel recently. I went to FLETC and attended mixed basic police training. I am currently employed in MA where my mixed basic training was sufficient to exempt me from the MA academy. Thinking about applying but dont want to do another whole academy if I can avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by george4 View Post
                Does FLETC mixed basic count?? I read somewhere that some USCP folks have lateraled over to Anne Arundel recently. I went to FLETC and attended mixed basic police training. I am currently employed in MA where my mixed basic training was sufficient to exempt me from the MA academy. Thinking about applying but dont want to do another whole academy if I can avoid it.

This is correct. I would suggest you call and ask them. I do know AACO has ALOT of ex USCP that are higher ups so that may have something to do with it.

There are other ex Fed in the comp. class right now such as USCP,NSA etc...
                Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                  I am surprised more counties in MD don't offer comparative compliance for Feds (0083's). Most agencies have an additional 10-15 weeks of training after FLETC and turn out quality people. It's smart business, you get people who already have good training/experience as an officer but don't want to do 6 months of training. It will save the county money on training time and you can put more boots on the street that will generate additional funds and reduce crime.

The problem for the feds is retention; most guys want to be a "real cop" and leave.
                  One thing you have to realize with Maryland academies is that they run for a minimum of 6 months. Most other agencies, etc such as Mixed at FLETC are from 8-9 weeks. Not all 0083's receive any type of LE training and the ones that do, receive it from the military, which does not transfer anywhere. Maryland is very strict on what states they accept for Comp/comliance, however some agencies do not offer lateral programs, which in the end you must attend a full academy. It's all LE training, however it seems that state training looks at Fed training differently.
                  "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5785 users online. 332 members and 5453 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X