300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Weapons legal in MD?

Hey guys - i ran a search, but couldn't find what i was looking for - are assault weapons legal in MD? like is it legal to own an ar-15 or ak-47?

also, second question that's not real important - does baltimore county allow officers to qualify with and carry ar-15 or other patrol rifle? (besides the 870)

thanks and stay safe,
    D
    Last edited by dwhite725; 05-18-2007, 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling error

Originally posted by dwhite725 View Post
    Hey guys - i ran a search, but couldn't find what i was looking for - are assault weapons legal in MD? like is it legal to own an ar-15 or ak-47?
    D
    Yes the are legal ,as a matter of fact automatic weapons can also be purchased in MD as long as they were made before 1986.

Comment

Give the Gov some time, he'll take care of those rights real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by JDougal View Post
        Give the Gov some time, he'll take care of those rights real quick.
        yeah, that's what i'm afraid of....... from what i found out, they've been trying to push that kind of law in MD for the last couple of years - i like my ar15, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dwhite725 View Post
          yeah, that's what i'm afraid of....... from what i found out, they've been trying to push that kind of law in MD for the last couple of years - i like my ar15, lol.
          I dont think they will make it so if you already own one you have to get rid of it. I think they just wont sell anymore if the law passes but yes they have been trying to pass that law for a while now

Comment

You can buy a brand new fully automatic weapon you just have to get the $200 tax stamp from the ATF and fill out the proper paperwork from MSP.
            Last edited by mdcdt187; 05-19-2007, 04:09 PM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Originally posted by mdcdt187 View Post
              You can buy a brand new fully automatic weapon you just have to get the $200 tax stamp from the ATF and fill out the proper paperwork from MSP.

also good to know - it's that way in pa where i live now and i was considering moving to md........ that's why i wanted to know......

Comment

ref your second question, yes Balto County does have a patrol rifle program. It's pretty tough to get into it and you have to be off probation before going through the class. The weapon of choice is the Colt AR-15.

Comment

Baltimore County uses Vietnam-era, Army surplus Colt M-16's.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5839 users online. 300 members and 5539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X