300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any upcoming academies?

Does anyone know when their agencies next academy will be? Im currently a cadet with an agency in maryland and i have been for the past 1.5 years but they are not sending me due to the fact there are no openings for police officers at this time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know i would appreciate it. Thanks!

Originally posted by mdcdt187 View Post
    Does anyone know when their agencies next academy will be? Im currently a cadet with an agency in maryland and i have been for the past 1.5 years but they are not sending me due to the fact there are no openings for police officers at this time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know i would appreciate it. Thanks!
    Unless MSP delays again, it should be in June 25th... I've been waiting 6 months, I can wait another couple of weeks. Only thing that is more annoying than the wait is being taunted by family for waiting 6+ months. But I plan to move out when I get the job and go my own seperate way. I'm not going to subject myself with naysayers and anti LEO people, even if it includes my parents. My mom is somewhat supportive of my decision and career choice. My father on the other hand is just dismayed and was a controling figure in my life. Needless to say, he is argumentative with me since I started having my own train of thoughts / opinions. I was once a blind sheep, but now no longer... I honestly can say that I think I have found my path and am eager to get to it. Even now my father says things such as "work at a barracks close to home" or "if you are smart you would still live here to save money" that last thing he said might be true, but... I would rather pay more money to live, than to live my life with the arguments and non supportive environment. Even if that means being alone at home, at least I can get some peace and quiet so the next day i'm ready for what I need to do. Besides, I already will deal with all that fighting and the arguments on the streets... No need to do so at home.

The biggest advice I can give you is if this is what you want to do with your life, don't give up. Even if that means waiting for an academy date, or etc... You will be kicking yourself in the pants afterwards for giving up. Trust me, there is so much support out there. I don't know why people think this profession is so bad. Yeah it is dangerous, but so is driving down the street, etc... There are so many things that can happen to anybody, it makes you wonder why people take the gift of life for granted. If this is truely what you want to do, then go for it man. I know this is what I want to do, and so far whatever has been in my hands... I have done. I think the biggest thing to remember is the big picture, this profession is basically modern day knights of the round table. We protect people, because they can't protect themselves. Hope you find a class soon pal... Hopefully i'll get in mine too along with the other guys waiting, I wish you the best of luck. I wish I could have been a cadet but I didn't look into law enforcement until I was too old to be a cadet. I would apply to be one in an instant though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5663 users online. 356 members and 5307 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X