300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCPD Seasonal Officer

Is anyone from NYC attending testing on January 4/5 and would like to carpool?
    Can anyone provide a bit of information on the Seasonal Officer position? I've been reading older posts but in case something changed. I think this is a great option for myself as I am still in school working on my masters.

We had them come to my university fall of 2018 and I had a classmate who was with them from May until October in 2017. He said it was a good learning experience, mainly dealing with fights, drunk in public, and everything else drunk people get into at the beach. He did advise that any of the more serious crimes were immediately given to full-time OCPD officers (for obvious reasons), but overall he enjoyed it. It's a good gig to "get your foot in the door" so-to-speak. Good luck with your application.

Comment

While sending seasonal officers out with firearms and minimal training for the summer makes many of us cringe, OCPD seems to do an excellent job of training, deploying, and managing its summer contingent. I've worked with several over the years and they all seemed to agree that the experience was both enjoyable and valuable.
      John from Maryland

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12272 users online. 445 members and 11827 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X