300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call..

An earlier thread discussed the type of roll call used at MNCPPC... I'm curious what style of roll call other agencies in Maryland use? Are there many that do a rolling roll call?
    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

Most full service agencies have a real roll call to my knowledge. When I worked for the county we had roll call. I think having a roll call is very important. My current agency doesnt have a roll call and I think you miss alot of important info. You miss teletypes BOLOS, etc.

If I had a choice I would rather us have roll calls.

Comment

You're with MSP, correct?

Does anybody know whether Montgomery County and/or Howard County do real or modified roll calls?

Thanks..
      "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

Comment

Montgomey County still holds regular roll calls for each shift.

Comment

Originally posted by JT in MD View Post

Does anybody know whether Montgomery County and/or Howard County do real or modified roll calls?

Thanks..
          Yes. MSP doesnt have roll calls. As soon as I hit the county line I am 10-41. Unless they put out a BOLO while I am working I dont get much info that is put out by neighboring agencies. When I worked for the county we had roll call and went over missing persons, teletypes, where patrol checks need to be done, what happened the night/day before regarding burglaries and robberies, etc. At one point some Troopers in the metro region at a few barracks would attend the County PD roll call. It was good because it got the officers to know you and you got to know them. You also got to hear what is going on in the area you are working.

Comment

Originally posted by JT in MD View Post

Thanks..
            Howard County has a roll call prior to each shift.

At my agency, we have a somewhat informal roll call. We go down post assignments, as well as anything important, whether its major wanted persons or a string of burglaries in particular communities while we were off, as well as any serious events.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4622 users online. 276 members and 4346 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X